ASUS SABERTOOTH BSOD/HARD DRIVE/VID CARD WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

i7saber

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hi,

im having some serious issues with the asus sabertooth x58 lga1366, ive tried searching everywhere for a solution and dont know what to do, as its a fairly new mobo i cant find anything other than reviews and faq brings nothing hope someone can help....

i have an i7 930 (not o/clocked never o/clocked) sabertooth mobo and xfx 5450 graphics card, 400w stealthxtreme psu, 6gb ddr mushkin 1333mhz ram, wd WD1002FAEX caviar black hard disk and running win 7 64bit. everything installed great, working brilliant for my main purpose audio (cubase 5) then when i started copying to my hard disk from an external i got bsod throwing up stop codes related to my hard disk, happened twice, both times when copying large blocks of data. i reconnected hard disk in sata 3 port (previously was sata6), updated bios to 0505 latest version and checked all device drivers and did checks on hard disk for errors, no errors, nothing. So i connected another internal hdisk to do some copying between drives and as soon as i copied large data got BSOD again!!

so i reformatted a partition on my hard disk and copied again this time with dvd drive and other interal drive disconneted only copying from the new partition to another partition on the same drive BSOD AGAIN!!!! again stop code indicating some kind of hard disk fault. So i left this and started to play a game on the pc, this time i got a got another BSOD stop code after 20mins of play, this time it was related to radeon graphics card !! aghhhh i really dont know what to do!! could it be my psu?? my hard disk?? my operating system?? i have no viruses and everything seemed to run great then suddenly lots of stop codes in 2 days, on a very basic system pls pls pls any help or similar problems let me know

thx

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Sounds like a psu to me. 400w? i never use that low of a psu - not even for testing xP. I mean it would be able to run - but it's like barely =P

Maybe try a bigger size psu - like a 650w if possible.
Also make sure nothing in your BIOS is conflicting.

uncensoredgab

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Sounds like I am having the exact same problem you are. I uninstalled all the motherboard software that came with ASUS. So the AI charger, Fan Expert, Smart Doctor, which helped reduce the frequency of the problem. However, I still have it when I try and transfer large amount of files from one hard drive to another. Also, playing any full screen videos triggers the BSOD pfn list corrupt.

Windows 7 x64
Sabertooth x58
18GB Corsair RAMM (All passed memtest+86)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Core i7 960

If anyone has a solutions, your post would be greatly appreciated.

5/18/11

S4B3RT00TH

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I'm also have the same problem whenever i want to play video in full screen, it suddenly froze and no BSOD or whatsoever

Intel Core i7 960 3.2 Ghz
Windows 7 64-bit
Sabertooth x58
6GB Hyper-X Kingston
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6870 Toxic

any help or advice?

azcavalier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I, too, have something similar.

I am running a new build:

Asus Sabertooth x58 LGA 1366
12 GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit Ultimate
two WD Caviar Black 1TB drives in a striped RAID array
Intel Core i7 950 Bloomfield

being underpowered shouldn't be an issue, as I have a Corsair 650w power supply as well. It seems that whenever I try to transfer a larger amount of data to an external USB drive, I get a BSOD. I have been ripped scratched DVDs that we own, and I tried to transfer them to a WD 1TB external drive. In just trying to transfer one 1.5GB .mp4 file, I got a BSOD twice (once on the first attempt, and then again when I tried it again after reboot).

USB driver issue? But it only affects large file transfers. Doesn't affect any other type of device (iPod Touch, iPad, Android Phone, SD Card Readers). Everything else is fine, even when transferring large files. It also seems to happen regardless of which USB port i'm using. Front USB 2.0 ports, rear USB 3.0 ports, doesn't matter.

Admittedly, I haven't tried transferring files using the eSata port on the mobo yet. I'll try that this evening and see what happens.