Backing up just data not windows

stealer0517

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
My friends hard drive will not boot and I believe it is going bad (Ive talked to people and they all say the same) I tried to use windows backup but it wants to backup the opposite of what I want backed up and where, I was wondering if I have to copy all the files over onto one of my backup drive then when I restore his hdd I can put it back over, or if there's a way to tell windows to back up the right data. If there is a free reliable software I'll use it. I would copy and paste but I don't always trust copy and paste because I noticed a couple of times that it didn't copy all of my files over. I think I have an old external hdd and I will see if I can get the software for it to back up my data but that thing has taken allot of damage because I just never was careful with and and I don't trust it that much.

stealer0517

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Eh its just that sometimes it doesn't copy all the files over sometimes. I did it with Vista back then and even now with windows 7 it skips files, even silly stuff like mods for garrys mod doesn't copy it all