Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

X6 Turbo Core.. any1 bought it share your experience pls..

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 14, 2010 3:50:08 PM

I am planning on X6... Please share your experience with the Turbocore..

More about : turbo core any1 bought share experience pls

May 14, 2010 4:41:32 PM

what OS? I get the impression that it doesn't make sense to go for x6 with Xp or 32 bit OS for that matter.
May 14, 2010 7:24:21 PM

I just received my Phenom II X6 1090T on monday, upgraded from a 2.93 ghz celeron D. I have a GTX 260 in this machine and I bought (had win7 pro) preinstalled.

The machine is great. I do a lot of video encoding and it flies through h264 encoding and everything I do. Most of the gaming I do is with emulators, and it has plenty of power for that.

The only problem I had was not with the system, but apparently with the retail Windows 7. It appears there is a flaw in windows 7 displaying text (and some images) as very blurry. I googled it, and it is a common problem with no solution as of yet.

After I reinstalled WinXP 32 bit, the machine is even faster than clunky, blurry, bloated win7. I will just have to live without WinRAR 64 bit.

a b à CPUs
May 14, 2010 8:12:10 PM

deadmeow said:
I just received my Phenom II X6 1090T on monday, upgraded from a 2.93 ghz celeron D. I have a GTX 260 in this machine and I bought (had win7 pro) preinstalled.

The machine is great. I do a lot of video encoding and it flies through h264 encoding and everything I do. Most of the gaming I do is with emulators, and it has plenty of power for that.

The only problem I had was not with the system, but apparently with the retail Windows 7. It appears there is a flaw in windows 7 displaying text (and some images) as very blurry. I googled it, and it is a common problem with no solution as of yet.

After I reinstalled WinXP 32 bit, the machine is even faster than clunky, blurry, bloated win7. I will just have to live without WinRAR 64 bit.





Its called load the right drivers, or use ATI. Have fun with security breaches after July 2010 on XP.
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2010 9:07:08 PM

daship said:
Its called load the right drivers, or use ATI. Have fun with security breaches after July 2010 on XP.


I thought that Windows 2000 Pro loses support after then but Windows XP should still have support till 2014 unless there is a problem (security issue) with XP that I am not aware of.Preferably I don't see anything wrong with using 7 especially if someone has a beefy newer system.
May 14, 2010 10:35:57 PM

jj463rd said:
I thought that Windows 2000 Pro loses support after then but Windows XP should still have support till 2014 unless there is a problem (security issue) with XP that I am not aware of.Preferably I don't see anything wrong with using 7 especially if someone has a beefy newer system.

Yup. You're right. You only lose support if you don't have the latest service pack(s)
May 15, 2010 1:27:02 AM

+1 to daship. Most of the time it's caused by drivers. Try getting the latest driver and see if it helps. As for x6, unless you do a lot of encoding and threaded apps, your benefit from it will only be minimal compared to a $100 cheaper quad.
May 15, 2010 2:52:17 AM

I do a lot of video encoding, and it cuts through HD encodes like butter, handbrake being my most used tool. If you google win7 blurry text, you will pull up tons of threads from all over the net. The video however has no problem that I can notice.

It seems to be an OS problem as all drivers are updated. I had no problem when I tested win7 pre-releases as did others. When the problem is fixed I may look into installing win7 for dual booting when there are some useful 64 bit apps.

a b à CPUs
May 15, 2010 4:18:55 AM

daship said:
Its called load the right drivers, or use ATI. Have fun with security breaches after July 2010 on XP.


The others are correct. XP service pack 3 will receive security updates though 2014.
May 18, 2010 3:02:41 AM

more pls..
!