Sata hdrive wont read xp disc

lynnej22

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
:hello: I desperatley need to replace my hard drive but the sata hd will not read my xp disc that i was given xp sevice pck 2(burnt copy) I also like to know if i can get a sata 2 harddrive once this problem is fixed,I do not have a floppy disc, many say to use a floppy and download the drivers for it,i cannot find drivers either,others say to go into the bios,but because i really dont know much about computers,I know the bios i just dont know from there on what to do,its hard to understand what they mean,i literally need a step by step instuctions for "really bad dummies,i didnt think it would be this hard to change a simple hard drive.This is everything about my computer.A genuine Intel R(cpu) processor 2140@1.60 GHz-1.61GHz serial 1.00gb of ram,physical address extension,with a raedon x300 128mb graphics card,the model number is a gygabyte mother board ga-945 gcmx-s2,rev 66 ,ga-9 series,memory ddr2,memory speed pc2-4200,pc2-5300,memory slot 2,memory per slot 1024mb(1gig)with a hitachi deskfair hd 7200rpm,model hds728080pla380,rate 620ma 1v 600ma,Please help, :fou: im going bonkers Thankyou

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
The bios will have a hard drive setup for the mode and allow you to select SATA/IDE or AHCPI. Gygabite should have the correct drivers for you, go to their website and download theirs. Burn unpacked drivers onto CD. Press F6 and install additional drivers.
IBM clones are for the knowledgeable enthusiast, Apple is for rich dummies who just go to the store and have it upgraded.
Get a A+ accreditation study book and learn more.

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
the HDD u have is just fine the only reason is more space & we use flash drive moving file off the main to get back more space put the drive that in the computer first go to safe mode do a disk clean-up & a defrag then error' & ur back in buzz ;)