SSD for Windows and BF3

Firewood B B

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a SSD. I was looking at 64GB SSD's. But is 64GB enough for Windows and Battlefield 3?
I'm using SATA-300 (3 Gb/s) since my motherboard doesn't support SATA-600 (6 Gb/s)

So which SSD do you guys recommend me? I have a budget of €100 - €120. I hope you can find a good one in this range of price.

Regards,
Brian

Solution
it's enough if you do all the space saving procedures (disabling hibernate, moving pagefile and system restore to mechanical drive)

i currently have fully updated windows 7 x64 ultimate installed with office 2010, photoshop cs5 and sony vegas pro 11 with 35gb of free space left (on ocz vertex 60gb) and bf3 takes less than 20gb if i'm not mistaken

just make sure you don't have temp files eating up space by cleaning them frequently via disk cleanup (same goes with graphics drivers that you have to remove manually which tend to extract to root of system drive, i.e. c:\nvidia folder that has no use once the drivers have been installed)

edit: also keep in mind to always have 10-15% space unused for garbage collection to be able to do it's...

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
it's enough if you do all the space saving procedures (disabling hibernate, moving pagefile and system restore to mechanical drive)

i currently have fully updated windows 7 x64 ultimate installed with office 2010, photoshop cs5 and sony vegas pro 11 with 35gb of free space left (on ocz vertex 60gb) and bf3 takes less than 20gb if i'm not mistaken

just make sure you don't have temp files eating up space by cleaning them frequently via disk cleanup (same goes with graphics drivers that you have to remove manually which tend to extract to root of system drive, i.e. c:\nvidia folder that has no use once the drivers have been installed)

edit: also keep in mind to always have 10-15% space unused for garbage collection to be able to do it's job, else you will get severe performance issues over time

Solution

Firewood B B

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

I was looking at the OCZ Agility III 60GB. Will this do the job? Or should I get a Corsair Force (60GB)?

TRENDING THREADS