Sign in with
Your question

P7p55d deluxe cooler master boot up problem

Last response: in Components
May 14, 2010 10:04:24 PM

I hope this is the right fourm. I found a thread on here were someone had alsmost the same problem but this place is so hughe i could not find thread.
Ok first build her
p7p55d deluxe
I7 860 1156 cpu
8 gb corsair xm33
nvidia 9500 geforce cards
WDC cavair hard drives
3 accesory fans
850w cooler master 80 bronze power supply

Ok
i covered all the test from previous thread on this subject the difference is after about 6 to 10 times of turning off and on in 1 second intervals the computer fires up and runs fine and all systems pass . I contacted cooler master and did jum test with power supply and it passed. i took board out of case and that dont help either. If i disconect all my fans except the CPU fan it boots up with out a problem but if it has been running for awhile and shut down and try to strat up it does the fasle starts about 6 times before starting.

Thank you for you time and input

More about : p7p55d deluxe cooler master boot problem

a b ) Power supply
May 15, 2010 3:26:25 AM

Check your cable connections and try setting up your drives using the manufacturer's software, unless you use a raid array. When using multiple drives, windows may get confused if a hardrive cable is loose or one of the drives isn't formated properly. I use maxblast 5 and select only one drive as the boot device; all the rest are set up as secondary drives behind my ssd. Or you may simply need to change a bios setting under the ide settings. Hard to say without seeing your bios options.
m
l
May 16, 2010 5:14:40 AM

Turned out to be PSU. used volt meter and found yellow wire is 10 volts instead of 12. I usued a PSU from old system and PC fired right up.

Thank you for your time
m
l
!