Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Loading windows 7 for Acer Aspire 5517

Last response: in Windows 7
October 21, 2011 2:37:35 AM

Okay I have the acer Aspire 5517 with windows 7 home premium. well my battery went dead on accident yesterday. well when I plugged it in today to charge i tried to turn it on. it wouldn't go past the windows loading screen even when i restarted it in safe mode, and gives me a blue screen of death and restarts. any suggestions?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2011 7:34:24 AM

Ashana2010 said:
Okay I have the acer Aspire 5517 with windows 7 home premium. well my battery went dead on accident yesterday. well when I plugged it in today to charge i tried to turn it on. it wouldn't go past the windows loading screen even when i restarted it in safe mode, and gives me a blue screen of death and restarts. any suggestions?

Boot with a Win CD, or any ISO file CD and just let it sit there. If you are getting power, it should charge the battery.
Related resources
October 21, 2011 2:39:27 PM

I can't. not even that will load all the way i left it on that for 20 minutes before it restarted. didn't load.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2011 2:57:44 PM

Ashana2010 said:
I can't. not even that will load all the way i left it on that for 20 minutes before it restarted. didn't load.

On your next attempt to start, hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds......Release, and then turn one.

You may have to replace the cmos battery.
October 24, 2011 12:37:52 AM

okay i tried that, but it didn't work. i tried running with a boot disk and it didn't work. so is it my battery?
a b \ Driver
a c 288 $ Windows 7
October 24, 2011 3:23:06 AM

You can check if it's hardware by booting to a live Linux disk (Ubuntu is a good one to try). Make a disk from the ISO, run it. If it starts up OK, chances are good it's not hardware. Re-installing Windows should take care of things.
October 24, 2011 3:29:06 PM

okay the disk ran, but i was wondering if there was a way to do a factory reset wile running the disk, because my computer came with windows 7. so no install disk

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a c 288 $ Windows 7
October 24, 2011 4:22:40 PM

There should be a recovery partition on the drive then, when the PC boots it should say "hit ..... to recover" or something.

Look at the PC manual would have instructions. Make sure your files are backed up, this will wipe your whole drive.

I suggest you get a new hard-drive for the system. That way if the drive got damaged you have a new drive, and your files will be on the old drive without worries of loss if you just re-used the original hard-drive.
November 3, 2011 1:44:17 AM

Best answer selected by Ashana2010.
November 3, 2011 1:45:06 AM

thanks for the help. i got a reset disk for my computer and i am resetting it. thanks for the help.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 3, 2011 1:46:42 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
!