Solved

Getting the most out of my rig without overclocking?

Hi all I'm fairly new to the community and I have a Question I hope you all can help me with.
I'd like to get the most out of my gaming rig but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do that wont result in me overclocking or having to buy new cooling hardware.

And if overclocking is the answer how far can I push my hardware without having to buy new cooling hardware?
Also if overclocking is the answer can anyone provide some cooling hardware on a budget, thanks.

My Rig:
Processor : AMD Phenom II 965 3.40 GHz
Ram : 12.0 GB
Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mobo : Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
Hard Drive : Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb 7200rpm
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about getting overclocking
  1. Best answer
    Every system is different.

5770s OC pretty nicely without needing modded cooling, so you could probably squeeze an extra 100-200mhz out of it (maybe even more). Work your way up slowly and see how far you can get without overheating/artifacts.

With your processor, it really just depends on the chip itself.
    Those chips OC nicely though, so you can probably squeeze at least 100-200mhz out of those without needing better coolers as well.

Basically, just test smal increments and watch your temps. When they get outside the safe-zone for 24/7, stop and stick with what you have or look at better cooling.
  2. +1 to the above advise if you want a good budget cooler a 212 Evo should get your CPU to 3.8-4GHz maybe 4.2 if you are very lucky, the cheaper TX3 would be good for maybe 3.8GHz but chips always vary.
  3. Best answer selected by Viperk8b.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Hardware Cooling