Why do the fonts on my laptop keep deleting themselves?

MattR658

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Here is my laptop/system information:

Dell Latitude E6400
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
4.00 GB RAM

Ok, so a few weeks ago I got a "blue screen - system dump" and when I restarted my computer all of my fonts, with the exception of maybe 6 (Wingdings, System Bold, and a few more I don't remember) had been deleted from my Fonts folder. So, I went to my other computer (which runs Windows 7 Home Premium) and copied all of the fonts from there onto a flash drive and then copied them onto my laptop (directly to the Fonts folder). I then restarted the computer and everything was fine and back to normal. However, a few days ago and then again today, the same thing happened, but this time there was no forewarning (e.g - blue screen, virus, etc). I have no idea why my fonts are randomly getting deleted.

Here is what usually happens:

I'll bring my computer back from sleep and open up Firefox and everything in the browser will be in symbols and ASCII characters, but everything else on my computer will be in its normal font (other browsers, desktop, start menu, taskbar, etc). I'll then restart my computer and everything will be in symbols and ASCII characters (including the "CTRL+ALT+DEL" at the sign in screen). After I log in, I "re-install" the fonts from my flash drive yet again, and it will all be fine. But then it will do the same whole cycle over again.

If anyone could help me figure this out, I would really appreciate it because it is very nerve racking never knowing when my computer is just going to decide to put everything in symbols and I have to keep a flash drive (with the Windows 7 fonts on it) with me at all times. Thanks in advance!