Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which Mobo For My Rig Please Help!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
October 31, 2010 4:20:35 AM

Ok the last thing i need to add to my build is my motherboard. So im caught in a bind deciding between the two choices if narrowed it down to.
The First is the

Asus Sabertooth X58

and the

Gigabyte Ud3r

I do plan on some overclocking nothing extreme and only going to a dual gpu setup of 6870 xfire. And that would be the max i would never plan on upgrading any more than a dual gpu.

If you have other recommendations as to which motherboard i should choose feel free to let me know im open to any and all suggestions

More about : mobo rig

Best solution

October 31, 2010 4:44:50 AM

Quite honestly they are both quality boards and at the same price too. I would personally go for the gigabyte just because I have always used them and have had no problems with them, but from a neutral perspective then I would go for the asus.
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 5:48:02 AM

There are apparently very many complaints with that particular Gigabyte motherboard.. I'll choose the Asus Sabertooth over it..
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2010 5:59:04 AM

Emperus said:
There are apparently very many complaints with that particular Gigabyte motherboard.. I'll choose the Asus Sabertooth over it..

I was just reading alot into the complaints about the gigabyte mobo an ssd + hdd issue and thats exactly what im gonna run so i guess im not going with the giga board but r there other boards that i should check out or???
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 6:12:27 AM

How much of a budget do you have??
m
l
October 31, 2010 12:56:37 PM

1500$ no kb, mouse, os, monitor, speakers
m
l
November 1, 2010 3:09:07 AM

lol my bad my budget is about 250$ what makes that board better than the sabertooth x58
m
l
November 1, 2010 3:39:57 AM

The P6X58D-E has the ability to have three-way cf or sli while the sabertooth only only has two way. The P6X58D-E also has an extra PCI slot if you need it. The sabertooth however does have a five year warranty compared to the P6X58D-E 3 year warranty.
m
l
November 1, 2010 12:27:13 PM

Best answer selected by syxxnyne69.
m
l
!