Blu-ray drive doesn't play movies

audacity10

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Hi, my problem is summed up in the title; my blu-ray drive won't play blu-ray movies. I've tried different movie-playing software like Power DVD and WinDVD, but both of them shut down when I try to play a movie. I've even tried different movies and it isn't a region issue (as far as I'm aware).

Has anyone encountered this problem and (hopefully) managed to fix it?

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

Hi
I dont know much about blu-ray but have u tried the latest version of vlc player to run the blu-ray movies? it can support a hell lot of formats. if vlc cant run it then there is a problem, like drivers or firmware of the drive or something. did the blu-ray drive used to run movies, or it never has run any?

audacity10

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Hi thanks for the reply, I've just tried VLC Player, and it also can't play the Blu-Ray movies. It gives the error message: "VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://D:\'. Check the log for details." -not sure where to find the log though.

I remember that it worked when I played Pixar's Cars on Blu-Ray around a year ago, I just don't know why it won't work anymore.

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014

How do you patch VLC? It keeps adding me for s location to save the update

JerryAimee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
There are many Blu-ray player software products on the market, powerdvd is good, but expensive, free one has no blu-ray license and not reliable

You can try UFUSoft Blu-ray Player, it is good and cheap, and officially authorized.

MaysonDolly

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

Is this free?

I want a free blu ray player more powerful than VLC