Help they are all after me

Hi,
Iam currently on day 4... I am trying to scout out the dock area. I
am having soo much trouble just getting around . I am neutral with the
hammerites, tho I cant tell who they are half the time, and I keep
clubbing guards. But still can't even get around enough to get my
bearings because I am constantly under seige. Is it this way for
everyone? I am playing on normal setting. I have a real hard time with
direction and finding things and I can't get near my goals what with
all the people screaming and me being chased. Sorry if this is a dumb
question, but I need to know if its supposed to be like this .I creep
, crawl , try not to kill or leave bodies around , I just don't know.
I have no chance of reaching that boat by the dock, its crowded there.
Thanks,
Linda
3 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    <jazzysez@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Iam currently on day 4... I am trying to scout out the dock area. I
    > am having soo much trouble just getting around . I am neutral with the
    > hammerites, tho I cant tell who they are half the time, and I keep
    > clubbing guards. But still can't even get around enough to get my
    > bearings because I am constantly under seige. Is it this way for
    > everyone? I am playing on normal setting. I have a real hard time with
    > direction and finding things and I can't get near my goals what with
    > all the people screaming and me being chased. Sorry if this is a dumb
    > question, but I need to know if its supposed to be like this .I creep
    > , crawl , try not to kill or leave bodies around , I just don't know.
    > I have no chance of reaching that boat by the dock, its crowded there.
    > Thanks,
    > Linda

    I just kept making noises inside the passageway thing, then when a guard
    came inside I would club him, until they were all gone.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:46:42 -0400, "ReddShadoe"
    <reddshadoe2@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I just kept making noises inside the passageway thing, then when a guard
    >came inside I would club him, until they were all gone.

    Thanks, sounds like a good idea. It seems to be more crowded each
    level in the cities, etc.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    <jazzysez@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Iam currently on day 4... I am trying to scout out the dock area. I
    > am having soo much trouble just getting around . I am neutral with the
    > hammerites, tho I cant tell who they are half the time, and I keep
    > clubbing guards. But still can't even get around enough to get my
    > bearings because I am constantly under seige. Is it this way for
    > everyone? I am playing on normal setting. I have a real hard time with
    > direction and finding things and I can't get near my goals what with
    > all the people screaming and me being chased. Sorry if this is a dumb
    > question, but I need to know if its supposed to be like this .I creep
    > , crawl , try not to kill or leave bodies around , I just don't know.
    > I have no chance of reaching that boat by the dock, its crowded there.
    > Thanks,
    > Linda

    Spoiler >>

    5

    4

    3

    2

    1

    Make a run for the ladder on the right hand side - even if you're spotted it
    doesn't matter as you will quickly climb out of reach. Then make your way
    around the ledge and pipework to the window. Once inside the building head
    down to the bar and from the doorway there it is reasonably simple to make a
    cautious dash to the boat.

Games Video Games