Water cooling fit?

Hey everyone. I'm thinking about upgrading my phenom II x4 to an fx-8150 in the near future. I want to liquid cool it for some serious overclocking. I was thinking about cooling it with a Corsair h100, would that fit in my tower case? I have a rosewill challenger http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
8 answers Last reply
More about water cooling
  1. Nope. The H100 has a dual radiator, and theres no dual 120mm fan mounts on that case. Most you can get is a 120mm rad.
  2. Though a 212 EVO would be a better choice than spending the money for a CLC with a 120mm rad.
  3. amuffin said:
    Though a 212 EVO would be a better choice than spending the money for a CLC with a 120mm rad.

I just installed my water cooler and it makes closed loop coolers (the H100i) look like a complete waste of money :).
  4. Especially when the prices are so similar. I was initially looking at a H100 when I was thinking of upgrading my cooling and (at the time) my current kit was only $20 more.

Its a matter of $14 where I am between a H100i and a Raystorm RS240 kit. No reason to go with a closed loop.
  5. It also depends on where you place it :). Good airflow and fans are something you always need.
  6. Yes, the H100 will fit in a HAF912.
  7. The H100/i will fit on a Rosewill CHALLENGER case you just mount it on the side pannel.

Assuming there enough clearance from your gpu- sometimes there not.
  8. It would be better to mount the H100 in the top of the 912. So that way if you have to do anything t the internals (and take off the side panel) you dont have to worry about the cooler stretching and it will just be easier.

Hint Hint
    stick with the one thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking Product