M4a78lt-m proper bios settings

G

Hi
I have lots of trouble with my system restarting itself and getting bsod issues. tried many possibilities, but obviously need to set bios properly on it first wchich i am not sure of.
basically i have m4a78lt-m motherboard, phenom 560 prosessor, 2*geil 1333 memory and radeon hd5670 from asus, plus 750 watt psu.
any logical bios settings? bios revision 801
cheers :fou:

First, sort-out problems first before "tweaking" the BIOS. I assume the HD 5670 has its' PCIe lead connect to/from the PSU.

1. Clear CMOS {refer to page 1.9 ; p 28}; REPLACE the Jumper to positions 1|2 when cleared.
2. BIOS {Load Defaults} ; for now
3. Windows -> run MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic
3. Repeat whatever caused the BSOD

My initial thought is your RAM, and IF {2*geil} means that you did NOT purchase in a set of 2 then I'm even more so concerned about your RAM. In addition ganged vs unganged can cause issues; try both ways.

Q - What DIMM slots are the GEIL installed?

RAM {GEIL} verify you indeed have the Correct RAM http://www.geil.com.tw/configurator
ASUS QVL Listed
GEIL:
DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24
GV34GB1333C7DC
DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 {kit of 3}

G

thanks for reply.
so my geil mem are 2 identical ddr3 cl9-9-9-24
i have had one at beginning(BUNDLE DEAL FROM DABS) and bought another one to swap and eventually send back, but whichever i used i had bsod. maybe different but did not think it is memory issue. i will try follow your advice tomorrow, see what will happen and postr back

thanks again

cheers

G

the mems are in black slots and radeon has not any psu leads.