Solved

Fan controllers for my new system

Hello, I just put together a system a little while ago and I want to jazz it up a bit, I have a thermaltake supranors case and I would realy like to get a fan controller or somethen like http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=11&name=Controller-Panels The ones with the lcd display look really cool, my birthday is comming up here in a few days and I wanted to get myself something I would enjoy, I wanna be able to see my temps and control all 4 of my fans,

My fans all plug into that plastic 4 pin things that most case fans use, with those fan controllers would I be able to use those? or would I have to get some new fans? I have 1 fan going out the back, 2 blowing in from the side and one blowing in from the front, I would like to be able to turn the fans off, or down really low when I am not gaming, I would also like to be able to view my temps so I dont have to keep using software to view them because my video card does like to get hot if I dont keep an eye on it by adjusting the fan speed. I know there are some fan controllers out there that are junk and break fast and easy, so I would like to make sure that I order somethen that is quality, it doesnt need to be the best of the best.

Also how do I hook up the sensor thing on the controller? Do I have to put it somewhere on my motherboard? Is it hard to do?

Sorry I am really new to all of this, I might not be posting in the correct forum but this is as relative of a subject more then the other ones.

Thanks everyone.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about controllers system
  1. Best answer
    Here is 1 that would be very good - It has the option to control 5 fans
    NZXT Sentry-2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992005

The Sentry LX would have been very good but your case's 5.25" drive bays are covered, so it would lie there unnoticed...
  2. Best answer selected by vexun11.
  3. gkay09 I ordered that fan controller, It will be here on monday, do you own one of them? if so tell me about it
  4. I dont own that one...I have a plain simple one - the control knob type...But my cousin's friend uses the old Sentry and it still runs good...
  5. Great, thanks for recommending it to me!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Fan Systems Product