Sign in with
Your question

OC'ing FX-6100

Last response: in Overclocking
January 4, 2013 8:14:06 PM

Hello. I have an AMD FX-6100 Black Edition overclocked at 4.0 GHz stable, and I don't know if I should raise the voltage too, because I don't have a very good mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P rev. 4.0). I want to raise the voltage because I think I can overclock it more since I get pretty decent temps under load (around 50 degrees C) in my HAF 922 case. I want to do this because I know the FX-6100 isn't good for gaming but I upgraded my Radeon 6670 to a Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X so while I get some more money to upgrade to an i5 I want to know if it's safe to raise the voltage with my mobo a little bit so that I can overclock it more and get better gaming performance.

More about : ing 6100

a c 82 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2013 9:35:16 PM

you might squeeze another 200mhz out of it if you increase volts. it should be safe, just weather or not it is stable is the question. overclocking always has risk there are no certainties.
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:08:56 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
you might squeeze another 200mhz out of it if you increase volts. it should be safe, just weather or not it is stable is the question. overclocking always has risk there are no certainties.

But is it safe to increase the voltage on that motherboard? Do you thinks its worth it?
m
l
!