Sign in with
Your question

Windows BSOD 0x00000024

Last response: in Windows XP
November 10, 2012 8:00:06 PM

So, here's my problem:

I was working a laptop for a friend, he wanted me to clean it out and install some programs for him. All I did was download a few programs to clean out the computer (CClearner, etc) and all of a sudden, it shut down with a BSOD (0x00000024).

It looked like there was just a corrupted file or something, so put in the Windows XP CD to repair it. When I press R to repair it came up with this: Hard disk is not found.

I have no idea what to do, there is very valuable information in that laptop. Is the hard disk gone? Any help will be appreciated greatly! Thanks.
November 11, 2012 9:24:35 AM

Bump.
m
l
November 17, 2012 8:30:44 PM

Deflect said:
So, here's my problem:

I was working a laptop for a friend, he wanted me to clean it out and install some programs for him. All I did was download a few programs to clean out the computer (CClearner, etc) and all of a sudden, it shut down with a BSOD (0x00000024).

It looked like there was just a corrupted file or something, so put in the Windows XP CD to repair it. When I press R to repair it came up with this: Hard disk is not found.

I have no idea what to do, there is very valuable information in that laptop. Is the hard disk gone? Any help will be appreciated greatly! Thanks.
u should have clean it first cause u ran out of ram then it which to virtual ram that using the HDD for it then taht ran & DAM BSOD but it's not a bad thing it's ur computer asking u for help plaease stop doing everything at 1 time there were to many programs that loaded at start-up that were taking up a part of the ram like 50% so all u had was 50% to clean & download & so ur system shut down so not to cause father damage, so it easy to fix & put this tip in a file so as u get more & more u will get to be a super geek, f8 safe mode do a disk clean-up a defrag & error check then restart back into windows & ur done
;) 
m
l
!