Closed Solved

Recommended mobo for a i5-760, Crucial C300 SSD. GPU bottleneck?

Hello, I'm upgrading a i5 760 (oc to 4GHz) and keep my ATI 5850 until the ATI 6950 gets released,
I also have a Crucial SSD C300 64GB, I would want to enable the SATA3 6Gb/s.

As i believe a P55 LGA 1156 mobo with SATA3 enabled will take the PCI-E slot down to x8.
will a ATI 6950 saturate the PCi-E x8 lane? some say the 6950 will be close to the performance of a GTX 480.

What mobo do you guys recommend?

Ive seen on forums that the Asus uses a link for better speed but it can bottleneck other parts of the system.

I'm not bothered about USB3 or SLI/Crossfire
going for single ATI to use Eyefinity.

Trying to get the best performance for ARMA 2/OA

Also what memory would be suited (4GB) to the mobo for overclocking the i5-760 to 4GHz and maybe slightly over?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recommended mobo crucial c300 bottleneck
  1. Best answer
    1) Running a single card will have no impact on performance with any motherboard with USB 3.0 & SATA III. It will run at x16. You won't see issues, if at all, until you run dual cards.

2) The motherboard I recommend the most for P55 is the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro but since dual cards aren't in your picture, it isn't necessary. With that said, I would go with the ASUS P7P55D-E LX instead.
  2. As for memory, I recommend the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 for you setup.
  3. tecmo34 said:
    As for memory, I recommend the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 for you setup.

thanks for the quick reply, i looked into it a bit more and its put my mind @ rest :-) before I was gonna go for the X58 chipset,
    as I was thinking my C300 SSD drive would be forced to sata II speeds, absolutely no need now.

cheers
  4. Best answer selected by doddie.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i5 ATI Product