Your question

Xfx 5870 and dirt 2

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Reviews
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 24, 2010 2:07:08 AM

ok i was watchn some reviews of the card and the reviewer stated that at far as he know all 5870s came with a copy of dirt2... so i just ordered it along with all my other parts for my new rig to find out upon opening the box no dirt 2.. i really wanted to see what this card could do but none of my current games will take advantage of it.. anyone that bought 2 cards and got an extra copy :sol:  show me some love plz

More about : xfx 5870 dirt

February 24, 2010 2:20:16 AM

ok first off not all 5870's come with a copy of dirt 2.. that was a limited time deal with i believe saphire. xfx comes with a double lifetime warranty so they dont need to sweeten the deal with a game. Newegg offeres free stuff sometimes and so do other companies but not all 5870's come with dirt 2. just buy the game if you really want it. but chances are if they give it away for free that is all it is worth(nothing).
m
l
February 24, 2010 2:35:40 AM

My 5850 (Sapphire) came with a copy, and it is actually a very good game. Anyone that knows of GRID, and is a Rally racing fan will love the game, and the graphics are excellent. Still not sure why no one has figured out water yet though... As the guy above said, only Sapphire comes with a copy. Honestly, I'd buy it again though even if it didn't come with a copy.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2010 8:48:04 AM

I received a Dirt 2 voucher with my Sapphire 5870. Had to download it using steam then typing the code that was on the voucher. It is a good game though and id recommend it!
m
l
February 24, 2010 12:06:40 PM

If it was advertised with it you must get it. I had to go hostile on XFX and Newegg but got the download code.
m
l
a c 274 U Graphics card
February 24, 2010 1:47:41 PM

thesupermedium said:
My 5850 (Sapphire) came with a copy, and it is actually a very good game. Anyone that knows of GRID, and is a Rally racing fan will love the game, and the graphics are excellent. Still not sure why no one has figured out water yet though... As the guy above said, only Sapphire comes with a copy. Honestly, I'd buy it again though even if it didn't come with a copy.

I know of GRID and I also know of WRC and Dirt is nothing like WRC.
m
l
February 24, 2010 3:04:32 PM

WRC is real rallying

Dirt is a softened up version

Rally cars at the moment are nothing like the old evo's and impreza's
m
l
a c 274 U Graphics card
February 24, 2010 3:12:27 PM

Flightsimluke said:
WRC is real rallying

Dirt is a softened up version

Rally cars at the moment are nothing like the old evo's and impreza's

Dirt = WRC after it's had a dose of DulcoEase. :lol: 
m
l
February 24, 2010 4:19:04 PM

I think only SAPPHIRE 5870s ship with a voucher for Dirt2.
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:01:57 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Dirt = WRC after it's had a dose of DulcoEase. :lol: 

Right, GRID was a very arcadish game, and Dirt was made by the same folks (Codemasters). Dirt 2 isn't super realistic, although the physics are nice, and the overall experience is somewhat emulated, but it is by no means WRC.
m
l
a c 274 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 1:03:43 PM

thesupermedium said:
Right, GRID was a very arcadish game, and Dirt was made by the same folks (Codemasters). Dirt 2 isn't super realistic, although the physics are nice, and the overall experience is somewhat emulated, but it is by no means WRC.

The disappointment for me was due to the fact that Codemasters did a great WRC based game back in 2003/4 IIRC.
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:51:37 PM

Yeah.....
Those were the days lol
Cant wait for F1 2010 by codemasters though
m
l
February 25, 2010 5:46:22 PM

Haha, 2003 was the times I was on Halo on my Xbox! Can't say I was a PC builder back then :p  I'm still sad they didn't put Forza 3 on PC.
m
l
!