Coolermaster thermal paste

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooler Master
  • Thermal Compound
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2013 9:14:57 AM

I am buying the cooler master hyper tx3 evo heatsink and fan. I would like to know if the cooler master thermal paste that comes with it will do the job or must I buy a different thermal paste? If I must buy can you please give me a list of pastes that you recommend.

P.S I don't plan on overclocking.

Thanks

More about : coolermaster thermal paste

a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2013 9:21:52 AM

The coolermaster thermal paste is fantastic. I love it, so easy to spread, great value, and easy to use. Its one of those things that coolermaster gets right.
m
l
January 5, 2013 9:57:49 AM

JJ1217 said:
The coolermaster thermal paste is fantastic. I love it, so easy to spread, great value, and easy to use. Its one of those things that coolermaster gets right.

m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 10:03:47 AM

AS5 i.e. Arctic Silver 5 is the gold standard. You'll be fine, but keep that in mind.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2013 10:14:27 AM

abbadon_34 said:
AS5 i.e. Arctic Silver 5 is the gold standard. You'll be fine, but that in mind.

AS5 was the best, a while ago. Lots of thermal pastes beat it now, without metal, so you won't fry your CPU if it goes anywhere its not meant to.
m
l
a c 178 K Overclocking
January 5, 2013 10:17:18 AM

The difference between the best and worst paste is 3c at absolute most, so even if it was bad quality you wouldnt be too much worse off.
Besides, I remember in some review that it stated the bundled Coolermaster thermal paste is just re-branded Arctic Cooling MX-5, which is near the top for performance.
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:19:24 AM

It still is the stardard but with all others are compared, even if it is not the top performer in every test, no comparious is complete without it. And an insulator can cause just as many prolbems if you glob it on when it doesn't belong.
m
l

Best solution

January 5, 2013 10:20:41 AM

Hey, if your not going to overclock the cooler master thermal paste should do fine. But if you want to overclock and dont like your cpu to heat up then you can buy thermal paste. The best of its kind is silver thermal paste. And in my opinion the best value for good and effective thermal paste is Artic silver 5 which is only $9aus. The decision is up to you.
January 5, 2013 12:09:34 PM

Best answer selected by mattv1993.
m
l
!