Coolermaster thermal paste

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I am buying the cooler master hyper tx3 evo heatsink and fan. I would like to know if the cooler master thermal paste that comes with it will do the job or must I buy a different thermal paste? If I must buy can you please give me a list of pastes that you recommend.

P.S I don't plan on overclocking.

Thanks

Solution
Hey, if your not going to overclock the cooler master thermal paste should do fine. But if you want to overclock and dont like your cpu to heat up then you can buy thermal paste. The best of its kind is silver thermal paste. And in my opinion the best value for good and effective thermal paste is Artic silver 5 which is only $9aus. The decision is up to you.

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

JJ1217

Honorable

AS5 was the best, a while ago. Lots of thermal pastes beat it now, without metal, so you won't fry your CPU if it goes anywhere its not meant to.

Reactions: JoBalz
The difference between the best and worst paste is 3c at absolute most, so even if it was bad quality you wouldnt be too much worse off.
Besides, I remember in some review that it stated the bundled Coolermaster thermal paste is just re-branded Arctic Cooling MX-5, which is near the top for performance.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
It still is the stardard but with all others are compared, even if it is not the top performer in every test, no comparious is complete without it. And an insulator can cause just as many prolbems if you glob it on when it doesn't belong.

superman1370

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hey, if your not going to overclock the cooler master thermal paste should do fine. But if you want to overclock and dont like your cpu to heat up then you can buy thermal paste. The best of its kind is silver thermal paste. And in my opinion the best value for good and effective thermal paste is Artic silver 5 which is only $9aus. The decision is up to you.

Solution