Sign in with
Your question

Problem With Asus P7P55d-e deluxe and GSkill 4GB Eco CL7 12800

Last response: in Motherboards
November 1, 2010 8:53:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I am looking desperately for someone to have an idea to help me. I just built my own system, I am a hardware and software engineer, so I doubt I made a faulty connection. This is what happens:

When I try to boot, it doesn't get to the bios, my DRAM LED blinks 3 times and my CPU LED blinks once at the beginning and once just a split second before the system turns off. Then after 5 seconds, my system start back again all alone and it reboots continuously. I have tried an other RAM, same problem, I have sent back my motherboard with my processor on it to the shop and they tested it, and told me everything was okay and sent it back.

I doubt it, but maybe my power supply is what causes this issues, but I'm a bit lazy for testing that, I have a seasonic golden series 750W.

My new system contains: 1x Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe
1x Intel core i7 875K
1x Noctua NH-D14
1x GSKill ECO series 4GB CL7 12800
1x Seasonic Golden Series
2x MSI GTX 460 HAWK

I have checked my work at least 50 times and I am sure my plugs are all correct.
I will try this evening to boot the motherboard outside of the case to avoid possible short circuit issues, but after that, I don't see what I can possibily do
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 112 V Motherboard
November 1, 2010 12:38:44 PM

Simple psu test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4
Try updating your mobo bios i don't know what version you're running but the 875K isn't supported until version 0806.
Also the bios version after 0910 improves 1600Mhz dram function.
November 1, 2010 12:45:49 PM

Thank's, my PSU passes this test without any problem, but this test is useless if my PSU fails delivering power for a CPU but manages 5-6 fans.

When I gave it back to the shop for them to test, they updated the BIOS to version 1301.

I am really not sure, but I don't know any means of updating a BIOS when you can't even manage to pass the POST tests to go to the BIOS
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 112 V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 1:46:38 AM

SankaCoffee51 said:
Thank's, my PSU passes this test without any problem, but this test is useless if my PSU fails delivering power for a CPU but manages 5-6 fans.

When I gave it back to the shop for them to test, they updated the BIOS to version 1301.

I am really not sure, but I don't know any means of updating a BIOS when you can't even manage to pass the POST tests to go to the BIOS

Well that's most likely the most recent bios version so that's fine.
The best thing to do is get a speaker on your mobo to listen to post beep codes.
Your ram should be in the two farthest dimm slots from your socket not the closest ones.
B channels.
Make sure the ram is properly seated as Asus has that goofy retention hardware.
Refer to MemOK section in manual.
System won't post until this is properly done.
November 2, 2010 8:28:47 AM

I found out my problem, it came from the "reset SW" pins, the guys from cooler master had switched both cables, so I had to put the two pin connector in the wrong way for it to work. Had to look far to sse this...
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 112 V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 2:45:59 PM

SankaCoffee51 said:
I found out my problem, it came from the "reset SW" pins, the guys from cooler master had switched both cables, so I had to put the two pin connector in the wrong way for it to work. Had to look far to sse this...

Good for you!
Cheers!:) 
!