Best Memory for P5QL Pro

JonBeam

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Title says it all. I'm looking to fill the two empty slots in my Asus P5QL Pro (Intel Core2 Quad if it matters). I currently have 2 2GB Corsair DDR2 XMS2 800 mhz PC6400 chips in there (for a total of 4 GB). I'm running XP, but have a copy of 7 that I haven't installed yet.

So what's the best call? 1066mhz? 800mhz? Just get 2 of the same chips? I saw somewhere that it matters what the native support is for the motherboard, but I don't know what that is.

I saw that prices have been falling. Am I right to assume they'll probably level out around Christmas due to higher demand?

Solution
4GB is quite enough for basic system needs and/or gaming.. So unless you are involved in or moving up to more memory strenuous work/apps such as running virtual machines, you should be fine with your current ram config..
4GB is quite enough for basic system needs and/or gaming.. So unless you are involved in or moving up to more memory strenuous work/apps such as running virtual machines, you should be fine with your current ram config..

Solution

JonBeam

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Sounds good. I'll probably go ahead and get matched pairs then. While they are more expensive than they used to be, they've fallen quite a bit in the past few months. I want to pick them up before they increase again.

TRENDING THREADS