My 1st build, what do you think. Opinions please.

If it were me i would have gone

1. 770 chipset + 955BE..or even 925
2. HD 5850 single GPU configuration
3. Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
4. NZXT Beta EVO or Cooler Master 690
5. Just a normal SATA 2 HDD 500 like Samsung F3/Seagate 7200.12 and await SSDs to come down in $$ SATA 3 SSD + SATA 3 port = @@@

janxta

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
The PSU you chose is way overkill, I would suggest a Corsair 650HX for around $125 USD with shipping. It's modular and will serve you well for years to come. Other wise your build is alright and will be good for about two to three years before upgrades are needed. Have fun and good luck.

Rehnquist-

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

1. You probably overpaid on your harddrive. Using SATA III with traditional harddrives gives you almost no tangible benefit.
2. You probably overpaid for your case, because the "AMD Edition" of the HAF 932 is at least $20 more than the regular edition, all for a little bit of red trim. To each his own.
3. You probably should have just gone with a 955 BE and overclocked it. Doesn't Black Edition mean you overclock as much as you want? Why pay $50 more for a CPU that will perform the same?
4. You probably should have gone with a 5000 series GPU, but if you had a budget then kudos for sticking with it.

That being said, you probably only "overpaid" $90-100 for those three components, but that $100 or so you could have shaved might have been better invested in a 5850 :??: . Assuming everything boots up and is compatible, you might look to upgrade your RAM pretty soon (to 8 GB). My friend told me that 4 gigs were in use when he played GTA IV in Windows 7 and you might want a little room to breathe above that. Just something to think about.

Rehnquist-

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

I doubt anyone will read down this far, but mrcountry edited out his computer configuration and replaced it with "Thanks for nothing".

I'm not sure what he expected when he came here with a list of stuff he had already bought, that he probably overpaid a little bit for here and there, and even then got decent enough opinions from a couple people... Seriously, what did you expect? That everyone would just say "omg im so jealous of your computer! thats perfect!!!!"? Whatever, thanks for wasting our time.

Like janxta said, don't solicit opinions if you really don't want them.

mrcountry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
What I expected was comments on what I had purchased and nothing else, it people like you that ruin a forum. You always have to make comments about something that had nothing to do with the question asked. As far as your time, what a joke.

Rehnquist-

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

"My 1st build, what do you think. Opinions please."

We posted what we thought. Decent build, you overpaid though. That's that. Personally I think your video card is underpowered compared to your processor, if I didn't already say that before. You asked for opinions, you got them. Quit crying.

mrcountry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
There is no crying here, just a bunch of asses, the main problem with this forum is that when someone ask a question, the person that decides to answer the question does not even read the question or does not understand the question. Which ever it is, I really don't care. This forum has went down hill for it's lack of proper moderation.