rahul babaria

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I am new so I would like all of you to answer me as precisely as possible.
Suppose I get a P55 Lga 1156 board and hook HD 5750 and 9400 Gt, the 9400 gt is for physyx.
I want to play Batman AA.SO HOW DOES THIS WORK, when i will play batman with hacked drivers will ATi card do all the rendering and simultaneously 9400 GT do physyx work?
What should be the Bios setteings ?
PLEASE GIVE ME A DETAILED EXPLANATION .

It can work but the work is in hacking the forceware but either than that you can get physx working. The 9400gt is a little on the weak side since I have used a weaker card but with the same shader count. I used a simple inexpensive 8400gs well it pulled down my 9800gt 1gb sli when the physx got to be to much but in mirrors edge it gave a good 10fps boost over the two 9800gt s alone. Good luck and let us know how things go.

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
just checked and there is more bad news.

physix requires 32 cuda cores which means the 9400gt cannot run physx even with hacked drivers.

its not supported by nVidia anymore so i would just leave it out the system. the minimum you could use would be at 9500gt.

You are wrong I ran it yesterday on a 8400gs but yes it was slow but it will run just not fast.

Not true but it is working on my 8400gs though it isn't very quick but they much have changed that recently. There is plenty of people out there using these low end cards for physx.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1367380

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrZooSZCfw

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Both those links are from 2008 which kinda proves my point. Physx was supported on the 8500gt originally but support has been removed.

I'm not wrong, we are just not talking about the same driver model, youre talking about an older driver and I am saying the current Nvidia drivers don't support the 8500gt as a physx card..

If Rahul Babaria was to install the cards today with upto date drivers it would not work.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
The only way you two will settle this is for nforce4max to update his Forceware drivers and see what happens. My gut tells me that updating those drives will disable PhysX support for him... and Nvidia is just doing that because those older/less capable cards really just can't do enough to effectively drive PhysX calculations.