Sign in with
Your question

Simple/Cheap Wireless Setup to play files on TV?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 16, 2010 5:38:47 PM

Hello. I am trying to setup a way to play files wirelessly to my TV, but got overwhelmed and confused by all the stuff out there. NAS, media server, HTPC, etc. etc.

My objective is, without having to turn on a PC, to be able to access and play files wirelessly from my TV. Files such as Mp3s, DivX, JPGs, etc.

Is there a simple and cheap solution?

Maybe like some external hard drive with a wireless antenna and some device I can connect to the HDMI on the back of my TV with an antenna too?

Hope this made sense.

Thanks.
a b F Wireless
April 17, 2010 6:36:11 AM

jack3x said:
Hello. I am trying to setup a way to play files wirelessly to my TV, but got overwhelmed and confused by all the stuff out there. NAS, media server, HTPC, etc. etc.

My objective is, without having to turn on a PC, to be able to access and play files wirelessly from my TV. Files such as Mp3s, DivX, JPGs, etc.

Is there a simple and cheap solution?

Maybe like some external hard drive with a wireless antenna and some device I can connect to the HDMI on the back of my TV with an antenna too?

Hope this made sense.

Thanks.

[#0005ff]This can't be done without something that stores the files and that can only be a computer - even if the files are stored on an external hard disk. The television simply doesn't have the capability to convert a .jpg or an MP3 file - that's the computer's job.[/#000ff]
m
l
!