Sign in with
Your question

Desperate for Help with Sata Mode for XP

Last response: in Windows XP
November 11, 2012 7:58:24 PM

I have been unable to have success with any method of enabling Sata Mode compatibility for XpP. I want this because a) I have an SSD in my upgraded computer (essentially new build except for two sata HDD and the case/power supply), and also I want to have Windows 8 installed on the same PC.

My Hardware is motherboard MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) 2.0 , AMD Phenom II cpu 6 core model 1045t, Intel 330 SSD, 2xWestern Digital Green Caviar HDD, Gskills Ripjaw 2x4Gb, Corsair 450 Watt Powersupply. Windows 8 Pro and Windows XP Pro service pack 2. M-Audio Delta 10/10LT soundcard.

Have spent countless hours of research and attempts at finding correct drivers, slipstreaming using nLite and fresh install, and various methods for converting to Sata mode after install as well (none of which allowed me to get past step 2 for my chipset and drivers).

Is my easiest solution to just change the bios to/from sata mode any time I want to switch OS, and will thi be a difilculty or risk in reading/writing to the SSD if it was formatted with Windows 8 in Sata mode and Windows XP gets installed on another drive while in IDE mode?

Thank you very much for an help.

P.S.

Never by from AVID/M-Audio. If the had simply incorporated all the original bass management and other features from the XP drivers into the Widows 7 and drivers, I could probably live without XP.

More about : desperate sata mode

November 12, 2012 8:07:50 PM

In XP SATA is designated as a SCSI interface so you might get by installing the SCSI chipset driver from MSI.
m
l
Related resources
November 17, 2012 12:34:08 PM

Mike_Among_Mikes said:
I have been unable to have success with any method of enabling Sata Mode compatibility for XpP. I want this because a) I have an SSD in my upgraded computer (essentially new build except for two sata HDD and the case/power supply), and also I want to have Windows 8 installed on the same PC.

My Hardware is motherboard MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) 2.0 , AMD Phenom II cpu 6 core model 1045t, Intel 330 SSD, 2xWestern Digital Green Caviar HDD, Gskills Ripjaw 2x4Gb, Corsair 450 Watt Powersupply. Windows 8 Pro and Windows XP Pro service pack 2. M-Audio Delta 10/10LT soundcard.

Have spent countless hours of research and attempts at finding correct drivers, slipstreaming using nLite and fresh install, and various methods for converting to Sata mode after install as well (none of which allowed me to get past step 2 for my chipset and drivers).

Is my easiest solution to just change the bios to/from sata mode any time I want to switch OS, and will thi be a difilculty or risk in reading/writing to the SSD if it was formatted with Windows 8 in Sata mode and Windows XP gets installed on another drive while in IDE mode?

Thank you very much for an help.

P.S.

Never by from AVID/M-Audio. If the had simply incorporated all the original bass management and other features from the XP drivers into the Widows 7 and drivers, I could probably live without XP.
only if there a plug in on that mobo ;) 
m
l
November 24, 2012 12:49:53 PM

harryblue954 said:
only if there a plug in on that mobo ;) 

What exactly do you mean by that? A "plug-in" as in a software expansion, or do you mean a physical hardware plug that goes into the motherboard. And what are you saying this plug in is for? Do you mean it solves/causes a problem or what?

Thanks very much for your input but please clarify.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 24, 2012 2:23:12 PM

Ignore 'harryblue' (and his other 8 personas). He has no knowledge in the subject area and only lives to spam the forum.
m
l
!