Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does a company refurbished PSU with warranty can harm the PC.

Last response: in Components
May 16, 2010 10:40:39 AM

i am getting an OCZ 700W refurbished psu at a good price.it is company refurbished and the company is also providing 1 year warranty on it and plus there is a company seal on its chassis.
is there a chance that this will fry my pc i am about to build?i am thinking of it because i am on budget.
Please help.
a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2010 12:05:51 PM

You should google for a review of that particular model to see if it has problems, or uses tiny caps that aren't up to loading constantly. Ocz makes some good ps, but some are branded for other companies.
m
l
May 16, 2010 2:39:04 PM

so far i have seen so many good reviews for same.but how about a refurbished one.will it perform same as the reviewed one?
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2010 4:03:05 PM

Since the company has certified the psu OK, I guess you are safe.
But even then, why don't you get a brand new one? How much are you spending on the OCZ, & how much are you willing to stretch that budget?
m
l
a c 96 ) Power supply
May 16, 2010 9:47:03 PM

Company refurbished products are tested to new product specs and I will not hesitate to use them in my builds as long as the company has a good reputation for their new products. OCZ definitely is a reputable company; go for the refurbished product.

Refurbished, or re-manufactured products are quite common in the automotive repair business, even on high end cars such as BMW and Mercedes, and the savings are substantial.

The same applies to computer parts. Go for it!
m
l
May 17, 2010 1:54:18 AM

ksampanna said:
Since the company has certified the psu OK, I guess you are safe.
But even then, why don't you get a brand new one? How much are you spending on the OCZ, & how much are you willing to stretch that budget?

i am getting 50% off on it including shipping.
m
l
May 17, 2010 2:53:15 AM

"or uses tiny caps that aren't up to loading constantly"...

Yeah, I check for TINY capacitors with EVERY purchase... what an IDIOT!

Why not just buy a NEW power supply, then you wouldn't have to ask question like this... Budget or not, the power supply is a crucial element of a computer, spend less elsewhere if money is an issue...
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
May 17, 2010 3:04:26 PM

Something went wrong with it before and it could happen again(Who knows?). I don't trust one year warranty...

PSU is the common hardware that all critical loads are connected.

My personal view on PSU is .... "I don't save money on it. My load are more expensive and critical than whatever money i spent on my PSU. Same thing with whatever data i have on my PC. Time is money and i don't want to deal with PSU related issue. Its not worth it."

If power is GOOD then the probability of failure on my hardware is less.

That's just me...You have to decide
May 27, 2010 12:52:10 AM

Best answer selected by darksmart.
m
l
!