Bro your connection is not fast enough to do much with it If you are just trying to access your computer from a different location you can setup Teamviewer its totally free and will allow remote desktop and file sharing.
it needs to be COMPLETELY FREE in order to work!
i want to use one of my copmuters as a web server:
athlon xp 1ghz cpu
512mb flash disk (win xp embedded)
its a fanless hp thin client...
1. what software do i need? is some free stuff available
2. how do i make a website?
3. how do i make it show up on google
my internet at my house:
dlink gigabit 8port switch
768 down, 384kbps up
1. Apache. It's free. Or pay for someone to host it. You could also go with free site hosters but will have to settle for something like "www.mywebsite.thehostname.com" rather than "www.mywebsite.com". Even if you host from home, you'll have to pay for the name (unless you go with one of those free hosters since if you go with then your name will be an extension of their name). If you want "completely free" as you say, you will have to get some kind of static IP address. You will have to have people access your site by the IP address as you will be unable to assign a name to it without paying money.
2. With HTML. Or one of many website creating programs.
3. If it is on the internet, google includes it in it's search.
But yes, there is also the thing that with your internet connection, having more than 10 people trying to access your website at once will be very problematic. Especially if your website is more than just text.
It's been a long while since I read about hosting your own website but there are many guides online. After my research years ago, I came to the conclusion that paying for a host or having someone else host the site for free would be the only good option. It's not that expensive anyway for most I believe. $20 a year or something?