Sign in with
Your question

Random restarts

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 2, 2010 12:28:49 AM

Hey guys i am running in to a problem, My computer keeps restarting, usually when i am running a video game or something of that nature, every so once in a while it will restart and give me 1 long beep and 3 short beeps which i assumed would be a memory problem so, i then changed the memory and im still getting the same problem. I know my cpu isn't overheating because it sits about 40c even under the heaviest loads. So with that said i am kinda stumped on what i should check next .

ASUS M2 Crosshair nforce 590 sli motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
4Gb corsair XMS2 ddr2 800mhz
radeon 6870 HD
Windows 7

More about : random restarts

a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 1:30:11 AM

What PSU? Chances are if it's a cheap PSU that is the cause. Depending on the board, this beep code could also be video issue.
m
l
November 2, 2010 1:35:44 AM

its a bfg 800watt psu

hmm right where can i look up the beep codes for the mobo would they be in the manual?
m
l
November 2, 2010 1:49:31 AM

the beep for Asus i found on there forums is
1long beep and 3 short beeps

does this mean my ram is bad? or is there possibly something else i can do to fix this, i just bought new ram today and it was doing this with the ram i had in there before
A fault has been detected in memory above 64KB
m
l
November 2, 2010 2:10:47 PM

i tried reseting my cmos, and it seems to be causing more problems, the now im geting bsod but no beeps and the restarts are more frequent
m
l
!