thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Okay so here is the situation, I need to buy a decent card for CS4. I have a 7900gt in there now. It wont be used for any gaming just for processing in Adobe. So I am thinking about using Nvidia because of cuda, even though I have switched to ATI in my gaming rig. With all the rebadging, I dont know if I should get an 8800, 9800, or 240. Like I said it wont see a day of gaming just need it for encoding video, and processing pictures. What would you guys recommend? I will be buying it second hand. ( I just cant support Nvidia as a company right now, because of the Physics thing with my ati card, and the constant rebadging, and tricking customers into buying the same card.)
Thanks in advance

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I thought that cuda was the only supported method for adobe, I know that the ATI cards will help with some of the tasks such as zoom, but I didnt think that it will actually help with the actual processing through CS4. So that leaves me with Nvidia as supported. I might check out adobe's site and see if they have a list. Because if I can get the same benifits from ATI, I will buy thier card.