Ominous Bequest request?

Ominous Bequest V 3 I'm playing in difficulty level Hard and have
found this mission to be one of my favorites. Great effects, great
story line and well rounded. However , after going through the entire
mission I've found that I'm unable to find the alternate exit to
fulfill the requirements of the game. I read the walkthrough and
decided that since it was written for the expert level it is giving me
the wrong steps to exit as I cannot find the key to the east doors in
the church laying on the carpet in the center aisle of the church.
After doing an exhaustive search of the map I've been unable to find
the missing key or another exit.Perhaps one of you taffers could
enlighten me so that I may be able to put this mission to bed and get
on to the next adveture. Cudos to Eshaktaar and all his aides in
creating this mission. In my opinion the story, visuals and audio
rival the the original game and is at the top of my list of missions
to play ..... bar none. As a side note, I'm a newbie to these FMs ,
and I am discovering that if I see the name Nightwalker connected
with a mission I have found that they are very good efforts indeed.
Hawkins

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:13 -0700, Hawkins <fire@will.com> wrote:

>Ominous Bequest V 3 I'm playing in difficulty level Hard and have
>found this mission to be one of my favorites. Great effects, great
>story line and well rounded. However , after going through the entire
>mission I've found that I'm unable to find the alternate exit to
>fulfill the requirements of the game. I read the walkthrough and
>decided that since it was written for the expert level it is giving me
>the wrong steps to exit as I cannot find the key to the east doors in
>the church laying on the carpet in the center aisle of the church.
>After doing an exhaustive search of the map I've been unable to find
>the missing key or another exit.Perhaps one of you taffers could
>enlighten me so that I may be able to put this mission to bed and get
>on to the next adveture. Cudos to Eshaktaar and all his aides in
>creating this mission. In my opinion the story, visuals and audio
>rival the the original game and is at the top of my list of missions
>to play ..... bar none. As a side note, I'm a newbie to these FMs ,
>and I am discovering that if I see the name Nightwalker connected
>with a mission I have found that they are very good efforts indeed.
>Hawkins

Welcome to world of fan missions. There are so many terrific ones out
there.

One of the really cool things about OB (besides the story, graphics,
humour, detail) is that, just when you think you're near the end, a
new section opens up.

I'm not sure but if this is your first pass through the church then
you have ALOT more of this mission to enjoy. Have you been down the
elevator?

Perhaps the esteemed Nightwalker will know exactly where you
are...it's rumoured she has every mission ever created memorized.

Griffin

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:13 -0700, Hawkins <fire@will.com> wrote:

>Ominous Bequest V 3 I'm playing in difficulty level Hard and have
>found this mission to be one of my favorites. Great effects, great
>story line and well rounded. However , after going through the entire
>mission I've found that I'm unable to find the alternate exit to
>fulfill the requirements of the game. I read the walkthrough and
>decided that since it was written for the expert level it is giving me
>the wrong steps to exit as I cannot find the key to the east doors in
>the church laying on the carpet in the center aisle of the church.
>After doing an exhaustive search of the map I've been unable to find
>the missing key or another exit.Perhaps one of you taffers could
>enlighten me so that I may be able to put this mission to bed and get
>on to the next adveture. Cudos to Eshaktaar and all his aides in
>creating this mission. In my opinion the story, visuals and audio
>rival the the original game and is at the top of my list of missions
>to play ..... bar none. As a side note, I'm a newbie to these FMs ,
>and I am discovering that if I see the name Nightwalker connected
>with a mission I have found that they are very good efforts indeed.
>Hawkins

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:04:54 -0500, Craig Riekena
<craigsngs@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:13 -0700, Hawkins <fire@will.com> wrote:
>
>>Ominous Bequest V 3 I'm playing in difficulty level Hard and have
>>found this mission to be one of my favorites. Great effects, great
>>story line and well rounded. However , after going through the entire
>>mission I've found that I'm unable to find the alternate exit to
>>fulfill the requirements of the game. I read the walkthrough and
>>decided that since it was written for the expert level it is giving me
>>the wrong steps to exit as I cannot find the key to the east doors in
>>the church laying on the carpet in the center aisle of the church.
>>After doing an exhaustive search of the map I've been unable to find
>>the missing key or another exit.Perhaps one of you taffers could
>>enlighten me so that I may be able to put this mission to bed and get
>>on to the next adveture. Cudos to Eshaktaar and all his aides in
>>creating this mission. In my opinion the story, visuals and audio
>>rival the the original game and is at the top of my list of missions
>>to play ..... bar none. As a side note, I'm a newbie to these FMs ,
>>and I am discovering that if I see the name Nightwalker connected
>>with a mission I have found that they are very good efforts indeed.
>>Hawkins
>

>Welcome to world of fan missions. There are so many terrific ones out
>there.
>
>One of the really cool things about OB (besides the story, graphics,
>humour, detail) is that, just when you think you're near the end, a
>new section opens up.
>
>I'm not sure but if this is your first pass through the church then
>you have ALOT more of this mission to enjoy. Have you been down the
>elevator?
>
>Perhaps the esteemed Nightwalker will know exactly where you
>are...it's rumoured she has every mission ever created memorized.
>
>Griffin

You won't get the key until you have cut the book, and you can't do
that until you have completed all the previous objectives for your
difficulty level. You get the chance to cut the book on the 3rd visit
to the church. Unlike some missions, the basics don't vary with the
difficulty, and there aren't many shortcuts.

Spud

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:39:34 +0100, Spud <spud@tatties.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:04:54 -0500, Craig Riekena
><craigsngs@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:13 -0700, Hawkins <fire@will.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Ominous Bequest V 3 I'm playing in difficulty level Hard and have
>>>found this mission to be one of my favorites. Great effects, great
>>>story line and well rounded. However , after going through the entire
>>>mission I've found that I'm unable to find the alternate exit to
>>>fulfill the requirements of the game. I read the walkthrough and
>>>decided that since it was written for the expert level it is giving me
>>>the wrong steps to exit as I cannot find the key to the east doors in
>>>the church laying on the carpet in the center aisle of the church.
>>>After doing an exhaustive search of the map I've been unable to find
>>>the missing key or another exit.Perhaps one of you taffers could
>>>enlighten me so that I may be able to put this mission to bed and get
>>>on to the next adveture. Cudos to Eshaktaar and all his aides in
>>>creating this mission. In my opinion the story, visuals and audio
>>>rival the the original game and is at the top of my list of missions
>>>to play ..... bar none. As a side note, I'm a newbie to these FMs ,
>>>and I am discovering that if I see the name Nightwalker connected
>>>with a mission I have found that they are very good efforts indeed.
>>>Hawkins
>>

>>Welcome to world of fan missions. There are so many terrific ones out
>>there.
>>
>>One of the really cool things about OB (besides the story, graphics,
>>humour, detail) is that, just when you think you're near the end, a
>>new section opens up.
>>
>>I'm not sure but if this is your first pass through the church then
>>you have ALOT more of this mission to enjoy. Have you been down the
>>elevator?
>>
>>Perhaps the esteemed Nightwalker will know exactly where you
>>are...it's rumoured she has every mission ever created memorized.
>>
>>Griffin
>

>You won't get the key until you have cut the book, and you can't do
>that until you have completed all the previous objectives for your
>difficulty level. You get the chance to cut the book on the 3rd visit
>to the church. Unlike some missions, the basics don't vary with the
>difficulty, and there aren't many shortcuts.
>
>Spud

Hi ya Spud, there appear to be some signifcant differences between the
levels unless more objectives are added after you find another way
out. The only 2 objectives I have unchecked is to "not kill any nobles
or servants" and " find another way out" After reading Just Another
Mook it appears he's having the same problem I was. I found the
information on the mages in the library safe which checked off the
final task on my list except for finding another way out. However I
had been in the sewers in the same place he was trying to get the gate
open with the same results, no switch. After I found the information
on the mages in the safe I went looking for the different exit and
that's when I found the walkthrough for the expert level that says the
key to the exit is laying on the carpet in the church. But it's not
and I've been unable to find it anywhere. Hawkins

nightwalker

> Hi ya Spud, there appear to be some signifcant differences between the
> levels unless more objectives are added after you find another way
> out. The only 2 objectives I have unchecked is to "not kill any nobles
> or servants" and " find another way out" After reading Just Another
> Mook it appears he's having the same problem I was. I found the
> information on the mages in the library safe which checked off the
> final task on my list except for finding another way out. However I
> had been in the sewers in the same place he was trying to get the gate
> open with the same results, no switch. After I found the information
> on the mages in the safe I went looking for the different exit and
> that's when I found the walkthrough for the expert level that says the
> key to the exit is laying on the carpet in the church. But it's not
> and I've been unable to find it anywhere. Hawkins

There's a lot more to do before you find the key in the church. If you've
got all of the other objectives ticked off, then head back to the sewers
that you get into from the crypts. The exit in there should be open now.
There isn't a great deal of difference in the objectives on difficulty
settings. You still have to go through the sewers on all of them.

Nightwalker

--
Remove *leavemealone* from email address >

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:44:48 -0700, Hawkins <fire@will.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:39:34 +0100, Spud <spud@tatties.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:04:54 -0500, Craig Riekena
>><craigsngs@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Welcome to world of fan missions. There are so many terrific ones out
>>>there.
>>>
>>>One of the really cool things about OB (besides the story, graphics,
>>>humour, detail) is that, just when you think you're near the end, a
>>>new section opens up.
>>>
>>>I'm not sure but if this is your first pass through the church then
>>>you have ALOT more of this mission to enjoy. Have you been down the
>>>elevator?
>>>
>>>Perhaps the esteemed Nightwalker will know exactly where you
>>>are...it's rumoured she has every mission ever created memorized.
>>>
>>>Griffin
>>

>>You won't get the key until you have cut the book, and you can't do
>>that until you have completed all the previous objectives for your
>>difficulty level. You get the chance to cut the book on the 3rd visit
>>to the church. Unlike some missions, the basics don't vary with the
>>difficulty, and there aren't many shortcuts.
>>
>>Spud
>
>Hi ya Spud, there appear to be some signifcant differences between the
>levels unless more objectives are added after you find another way
>out. The only 2 objectives I have unchecked is to "not kill any nobles
>or servants" and " find another way out" After reading Just Another
>Mook it appears he's having the same problem I was. I found the
>information on the mages in the library safe which checked off the
>final task on my list except for finding another way out. However I
>had been in the sewers in the same place he was trying to get the gate
>open with the same results, no switch. After I found the information
>on the mages in the safe I went looking for the different exit and
>that's when I found the walkthrough for the expert level that says the
>key to the exit is laying on the carpet in the church. But it's not
>and I've been unable to find it anywhere. Hawkins

The key isn't there until you cut the book (when Kadar drops it).
Have you got the Sword to cut the book with? The gate won't open
unless you are carrying it.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:48:40 GMT, "Nightwalker"
<nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote:

>> Hi ya Spud, there appear to be some signifcant differences between the
>> levels unless more objectives are added after you find another way
>> out. The only 2 objectives I have unchecked is to "not kill any nobles
>> or servants" and " find another way out" After reading Just Another
>> Mook it appears he's having the same problem I was. I found the
>> information on the mages in the library safe which checked off the
>> final task on my list except for finding another way out. However I
>> had been in the sewers in the same place he was trying to get the gate
>> open with the same results, no switch. After I found the information
>> on the mages in the safe I went looking for the different exit and
>> that's when I found the walkthrough for the expert level that says the
>> key to the exit is laying on the carpet in the church. But it's not
>> and I've been unable to find it anywhere. Hawkins
>
>There's a lot more to do before you find the key in the church. If you've
>got all of the other objectives ticked off, then head back to the sewers
>that you get into from the crypts. The exit in there should be open now.
>There isn't a great deal of difference in the objectives on difficulty
>settings. You still have to go through the sewers on all of them.
>
>Nightwalker
Thanx for the help, I've found the way now.