Sign in with
Your question

BSOD MEMTEST errors SUPERTALENT RAM

Last response: in Memory
November 2, 2010 2:00:52 AM

I was running these settings for the past 8 months but was getting occasional BSOD. I finally got around to running MEMTEST and it was showing errors with the following DRAM SETTINGS (these are the numbers printed on the side of the SUPER TALENT RAM)

I reset the DRAM timing to auto and could run MEMTEST through 6 passes without any errors, but my system seems sluggish and a bit strange compared to before changing the settings to auto.

What can I do here? Change the timings back? Use different settings? Please advise.

SHould me CPU ratio setting be on Auto? I see a lot of people with it set at 20 or 21.

CPU Ratio Setting - Auto
Intel (R) SpeedStep (TM) Tech - Disabled
Intel (R) Turbo Mode Tech - Disabled
BCLK Frequency - 175
PCIE Fequency - 100
DRAM Frequency - DDR3 - 1500MHz
DRAM CAS# Latency - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 28 DRAM Clock

CPU Voltage 1.27V
CPU PLL Voltage - 1.96
QPI/DRAM Voltage - 1.36V
IOH Voltage - Auto
IOH PCIE Voltage - Auto
ICH Voltage - Auto
ICH Voltage - Auto

DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66v
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHA - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHA - Auto
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHB - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHB - Auto
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHC - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHC - Auto

Load-Line Calibration - Enabled
CPU Differential Amplitude - Auto
CPU Clock Skew - Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
IOH Clock Skew - Auto
PCIE Spread Spectrum - Auto

Here's what happened.
BSOD. Verified drivers. Found 1 faulty driver. Deleted driver and replaced it.
ALL the following were done with all 6 RAM sticks in the MB, after reseating them
Ran memtest at OC settings and found an error very quickly
Reset bios to default. Ran memtest 2 passes with no errors
Put back original OC and tested again (after reseating RAM) and got an error quickly again
Left OC settings except DRAM timing which I changed from 9-9-9-28 to auto
Ran memtest last night and got no errors through 6 passes
What to do next? PC appears a little sluggish, windows seem slow to spring up, menus as well

What do I need to do to correctly check the memory? Reset BIOS to defaults and test memory from those settings. Or do I have to enter the RAM timings and then check?? 1 hr per stick? Same RAM slot until that clears w/no errors then repeat for each RAM slot on the MB? 6 sticks x 6 slots = 36 hrs testing?
RAM timings on the back of the RAM are 9-9-9-28. How about voltage for testing? What should that be at?

Thanks in advance.

November 2, 2010 8:03:02 AM

bottleneck waste time & Money, 6stick ram use Default no stable in OC, only 2 stick check with memtest86+ min 5minute, RAM (Dual) best performace for OC for set timming 7-7-7-23 VDIM 1.65 ok , your VGA must Upgrade 5000 series or 6000 series ( New)
m
l
a b } Memory
November 2, 2010 2:57:59 PM

henydiah said:
bottleneck waste time & Money, 6stick ram use Default no stable in OC, only 2 stick check with memtest86+ min 5minute, RAM (Dual) best performace for OC for set timming 7-7-7-23 VDIM 1.65 ok , your VGA must Upgrade 5000 series or 6000 series ( New)

The OP isnt asking for a VGA upgrade, he may not be a gamer.
m
l
!