Sign in with
Your question

Trying to overclock the HD 7770 help?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 6, 2013 3:39:51 AM

I have a MSI HD 7770. In overdrive i have everything set to default. I turned up the power setting 10% and turned up the core clock about 30 mhz and same with the ram clock. Then i turned up the fan speed only 10% and i pressed apply and all the sudden my gpu got really loud so i quickly went back to defaults. Am i doing it right? im afraid of ruining my gpu lol.

More about : overclock 7770

a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 6:37:50 AM

i suggest using asus GPU tweak instead of overdrive, its better software,
also, use auto fan settings if you are only going to mildly overclock the card, just make sure the temps do rise above about 75c
m
l
January 8, 2013 9:07:11 AM

Lord Tumnas said:
i suggest using asus GPU tweak instead of overdrive, its better software,
also, use auto fan settings if you are only going to mildly overclock the card, just make sure the temps do rise above about 75c

Well the only time the temp goes that high is in Furmark which i decided to top using. It sounded like it was killing my gpu whether it was overclocked or not. Ill try out asus GPU tweak.
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2013 11:09:22 AM

don't worry its just the fan..as u increased the fan speed it'll definitely produce more noise..
u can check the fan speed in RPM(rotations per minute ) with this software:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SpeedFa...

further I'd recommend to use the MSI afterburner instead of overdrive to overclock ur card..this software is only for msi cards manufactured by MSI download it from below...

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
m
l
January 8, 2013 6:16:14 PM

So i have only been able to get a 1095mhz core and 1195 mhz memory oc. I see other people with amazing memory oc lol. Also, is 3dmark 11 a good way to check stability? (like if it passes then it is stable?)
m
l
February 25, 2013 2:54:06 PM

At the moment, I have just overclocked my HD 7770 to a stable overclock of 1215mhx core and 1300mhz memory, but MSI afterburner for some reason will not let me overclock further for my memory.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 9, 2013 9:19:13 PM

I have a HD 7770 and I used a 1200mv/20% 1200/1125 setup, I can't go higher in memory for some reson...
m
l
!