Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will this mobo fit these cards

Last response: in Motherboards
November 2, 2010 3:50:07 AM

ASUS P6X58D-E http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

will this motherboard fit

these GPU's times 2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and 1 pci optical card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i know it has the slots for everything but i want to know if i will be able to fit it all together, making sure my video cards dont cover up the PCI slot or anything like that happening

More about : mobo fit cards

a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2010 6:02:27 AM

Yes it'll fit pretty fine.. Just try putting the sound card in the pci express x1 slot (between the CPU socket and the first pci express x16 plot)..

P.S. - Make sure your case has enough room to accomodate the two GTX 480's and enough airflow to maintain them withing its temp limits..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2010 6:02:33 AM

Yes it'll fit pretty fine.. Just try putting the sound card in the pci express x1 slot (between the CPU socket and the first pci express x16 plot)..

P.S. - Make sure your case has enough room to accomodate the two GTX 480's and enough airflow to maintain them within its temp limits..
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 12:19:37 PM

^ lol more than just try - it's the only slot you can put it in. It should work on that first slot (PCIe x1), as Emperus stated, all the other pci (32bit) ports will be covered up by the gpu's x).
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2010 1:06:47 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
^ lol more than just try - it's the only slot you can put it in. It should work on that first slot (PCIe x1), as Emperus stated, all the other pci (32bit) ports will be covered up by the gpu's x).

The sound card has a pci express x1 interface.. So quite obviously it won't work on a pci slot even if it were free.. There is a third pci express slot on which the card can be installed though.. My recommendation was to just skip that option as it might hamper with the airflow..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 1:28:53 PM

yes it will x) and i love the HAF cases :D  i got a HAF case i'm currently modding >:3

Emperus said:
The sound card has a pci express x1 interface.. So quite obviously it won't work on a pci slot even if it were free.. There is a third pci express slot on which the card can be installed though.. My recommendation was to just skip that option as it might hamper with the airflow..

i know it has a x1 interface, i put bracket :lol:  ad yeah you don't wanna mess with the airflow unless you really need too =P
m
l
November 2, 2010 7:30:53 PM

so all three cards will work fit without me having to do anything?
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 7:33:59 PM

yes they will fit - the gpus will go in the pcie slots (x16), and the other card will go in the first pcie (x1) slot.
November 2, 2010 7:44:47 PM

ok thank you so much!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 8:04:27 PM

not a problem! :)  if you need anything feel free to send me a message x)
m
l
November 8, 2010 11:07:54 PM

Best answer selected by truesony.
m
l
!