Your question
Closed

Bistar MoBo with Male VGA???

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • VGA
Last response: in Motherboards
November 2, 2010 3:59:39 AM

I just recieved a BiStar Mother Board from New Egg today and it has a Male VGA out.....

That is so weird, all the other Mobo's and computers I have ever had had a Female VGA out. I have to pay more $ to get a Female to Male adapter to get my monitor to work, that sucks.... Is that common to Biostar Motherboards?

More about : bistar mobo male vga

a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 5:01:01 AM

That is indeed uncommon. But not an issue really, since an adapter can resolve it.
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 8:06:39 AM

no..., biostar mobo with VGA on Board all support all Monitor maybe your monitor wrong cable ... or Old Monitor
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 11:11:09 AM

henydiah said:
no..., biostar mobo with VGA on Board all support all Monitor maybe your monitor wrong cable ... or Old Monitor

I think you're missing the point here.

Look at this picture:

The common one should be the female (right picture), while the OP has the male (left). Therefore, he requires a male to female in order to connect the monitor.
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 3:29:06 PM

eww biostar :lol: 

i haven't heard of biostar having a gender change on vga, who would've thought? =P
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 4:21:10 PM

^ Maybe they run out of the female d-subs and decided to go with whatever connector they got. Luckily they didn't put a serial port for exchange. Now that would suck, big time! :lol: 

So this is why Biostar is not a recommended brand. :pfff:  (while hiding my Biostar motherboard) :p 
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 5:47:28 PM

:lol:  looks like it xD.

Score
November 12, 2010 3:35:58 AM

Best answer selected by HaleyAMD.
Score
a c 136 V Motherboard
November 12, 2010 9:13:22 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score