Closed Solved

Bistar MoBo with Male VGA???

I just recieved a BiStar Mother Board from New Egg today and it has a Male VGA out.....

That is so weird, all the other Mobo's and computers I have ever had had a Female VGA out. I have to pay more $ to get a Female to Male adapter to get my monitor to work, that sucks.... Is that common to Biostar Motherboards?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bistar mobo male
  1. That is indeed uncommon. But not an issue really, since an adapter can resolve it.
  2. no..., biostar mobo with VGA on Board all support all Monitor maybe your monitor wrong cable ... or Old Monitor
  3. Best answer
    henydiah said:
    no..., biostar mobo with VGA on Board all support all Monitor maybe your monitor wrong cable ... or Old Monitor

I think you're missing the point here.

Look at this picture:

The common one should be the female (right picture), while the OP has the male (left). Therefore, he requires a male to female in order to connect the monitor.
  4. eww biostar :lol:

i haven't heard of biostar having a gender change on vga, who would've thought? =P
  5. ^ Maybe they run out of the female d-subs and decided to go with whatever connector they got. Luckily they didn't put a serial port for exchange. Now that would suck, big time! :lol:

So this is why Biostar is not a recommended brand. :pfff: (while hiding my Biostar motherboard) :P
  6. :lol: looks like it xD.
  7. Best answer selected by HaleyAMD.
  8. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards VGA