HP Pavillion dv2810 problem

coolberg00

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hello,
can anyone help me with my HP Pavillion Laptop DV2810, when turned the power on, everything lights up, the CPU fan is working but there is no BIOS screen, I removed the memory to check if beep error will play, but nothing.

curtis_87

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Let me guess, the power light comes on, everything on the keyboard lights up, you even get hdd activity blinking but the screen is black, maybe two beeps as it comes on...the display is very intermittent on mine, sometimes you get a screen sometimes you dont, but the boot up procedure still happens with no display.

I have this with a HP laptop, im going to put it in the oven and cook the damn thing.
the dv2xxx range seems to have a problem with overheating. If you have a look around you'll find plenty in various forums, How to reflow a laptop..

Short of trying to re-flow by cooking it, Hp will take you through some steps which are barely worth the phone call and tell you its out of warranty and would you like to have it repaired for x amount.
The easiest thing is buy a new one.
Though this looks interesting.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6492-how-to-fix-your-dv6000-dv9000-dv2000-overheating-issues

coolberg00

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
thanks for the info, I hope I can find another way to make it work. I've read everything bout this HP Model and it came out it has the same problem, it was bought 2 years ago with 3 Gig RAM and 250 HDD and AMD athlon processor. Everything lights up, no error beeps. First time I've encountered during my 2 years of fixing PCs. I think we have the same idea, everything is fried (chipsets) except the power controller.

Interesting. This is the first post I've read about HP's lasting more than a year, or making it a day out of warranty. Usually the rants I read are people complaining about the the video cards causing the motherboard to overheat, conicidentally, just after the warranty expired (yes, almost as if it was somehow planned).

In my research, I did come across a thread that had a lot of positive marks. The explanation was about fixing a "black screen" (no display) problem.

If I remember correctly, it went like this:

Edit: found the thread. Here is a copy/paste of what the "fix" was. It didn't work for me, but give it shot, what've you got to lose?

Thread: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-54306-hp-pavilion-has-black-screen-problem

-remove battery pack(if you can romove memory ram aswell) and wait 10 mins
-now start charging laptop without battery pack for 2 mins
-unplUg the power AND press and hold the power button for 45 seconds
-REPLUG THE POWER CABLE BUT DONT PUT THE BATTERY PACK YET

NOW OPEN THE LID WIDER YOU CAN PRESS POWER BUTTON YOU WILL SEE YOUR SYSTEM WILL START ONCE YOUR SYSTEM BE READY SHUT IT DOWN PUT THE BATTERY PACK BACK AND CONTUNUE TO USE YOUR LAPTOP