XP Media Centre Edition cannot join Domain.

Edward

Any one know how to join a domain from within XP Media Centre Edition?

I'm log in as administrator but the Network ID in Computer Name in System
Property is greyed out. Anyone knows if there is a way round this or I is
not a feature of Media Centre Edition.

Thanks

Edward wrote:
> Any one know how to join a domain from within XP Media Centre Edition?
>
> I'm log in as administrator but the Network ID in Computer Name in
> System Property is greyed out. Anyone knows if there is a way round
> this or I is not a feature of Media Centre Edition.

Multi-Posting?

New Installations (Clean Installations, Not Upgraded) of Media Center Cannot
Join a Windows Server Domain
With the exception of upgrades from Media Center 2004, computers running
Media Center 2005 can participate only in network workgroups; they cannot
join a Windows Server domain. This change affects very few users.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/MedctrSDK/htm/importantchangestomediacenteredition.asp

--
<- Shenan ->

Edward