XP Media Centre Edition cannot join Domain.

Any one know how to join a domain from within XP Media Centre Edition?

I'm log in as administrator but the Network ID in Computer Name in System
Property is greyed out. Anyone knows if there is a way round this or I is
not a feature of Media Centre Edition.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about media centre edition join domain

    Edward wrote:
    > Any one know how to join a domain from within XP Media Centre Edition?
    >
    > I'm log in as administrator but the Network ID in Computer Name in
    > System Property is greyed out. Anyone knows if there is a way round
    > this or I is not a feature of Media Centre Edition.

    Multi-Posting?

    New Installations (Clean Installations, Not Upgraded) of Media Center Cannot
    Join a Windows Server Domain
    With the exception of upgrades from Media Center 2004, computers running
    Media Center 2005 can participate only in network workgroups; they cannot
    join a Windows Server domain. This change affects very few users.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/MedctrSDK/htm/importantchangestomediacenteredition.asp

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Sorry Folks (multiposted)!

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > Edward wrote:
    > > Any one know how to join a domain from within XP Media Centre Edition?
    > >
    > > I'm log in as administrator but the Network ID in Computer Name in
    > > System Property is greyed out. Anyone knows if there is a way round
    > > this or I is not a feature of Media Centre Edition.
    >
    > Multi-Posting?
    >
    > New Installations (Clean Installations, Not Upgraded) of Media Center
    Cannot
    > Join a Windows Server Domain
    > With the exception of upgrades from Media Center 2004, computers running
    > Media Center 2005 can participate only in network workgroups; they cannot
    > join a Windows Server domain. This change affects very few users.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/MedctrSDK/htm/importantchangestomediacenteredition.asp

    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

Configuration Domain Windows XP