Sign in with
Your question

My Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
March 8, 2010 8:02:13 PM

I want to build a gaming PC and after some research I decided to build the below system. Are the below components compatible with each other? Also does the case fit the below components, leaving enough space for good cooling?

Case: Antec P193
Mother-Board: Gigabyte-->GA-X58A-UD7
CPU: Intel Core i7 960
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 1600MHz
Hard-Disc: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Sata 3.0 (6Gb/s)
Video Card: Asus ATI Radeon 5870
Power Supply: Corsair Modular Power Supply 1000W CMPSU-1000HXEU
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev 2

Thanks,
Thea

P.S.
I want to avoid overclocking ;) 

More about : gaming

March 8, 2010 8:07:19 PM

Nice system though 12GB is probally overkill and an Intel Core I7 930 is fast enough imo :)  I asume the motherboard you choose is ATX, if so then it will fit. If you want good cooling check out the Cooler Master HAF 922/932.
Anonymous
March 8, 2010 8:17:27 PM

supersnicker said:
Nice system though 12GB is probally overkill and an Intel Core I7 930 is fast enough imo :)  I asume the motherboard you choose is ATX, if so then it will fit. If you want good cooling check out the Cooler Master HAF 922/932.

I was thinking about HAF 932, but it doesn't have dust filters :( 
About the processor, since I have the budget, and I want to build a PC which will last for a while without needing any major updates.
Related resources
March 8, 2010 8:24:02 PM

Well to answer your first question they're all compatible, and about dust filter's I'm not sure as I've never used them before.:p 
March 8, 2010 8:29:27 PM

get the antec 193 with the antec cp 1000 or cp 850 power supply
March 8, 2010 8:29:58 PM

RAM way overkill, gaming does not benefit form more than 4gb of RAM. 6gb is more than enough. Also, don't bother with Overpriced RAM. The Gskill Ripjaw series is perfectly fine and a much better value.

CPU same, i7-960 is minimally better than the 930 for a lot more money. You're better off putting the money towards a better GPU.

HD Samsung Spinpoint f3 1TB is MUCH better performign for much less money.

PSU is overkill. Your system will run fine on a Corsair 550TX. If you plan on xfire, grab a 750TX instead. Won't need that much power, but anything lower doesn't' have enough of the right cables to xfire with.

CPU cooler is not very good. Go with a CM Hyper 212 Plus instead.

The MOBO is fine, but also expensive, you can grab this gigabyte for much less and it'll work the same.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

!