SP2 problem: Add Domain users in the local Administrators ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello,
Since the installation of the SP2 of XP, it is impossible to add Domain
users (W2000advsrv) in the Administrators group, I have the following
message when I click on Advanced... in the User selection box:
"the advanced page cannot be open because the following error: The server
is not ready."
I shutted down the integrated Xp firewall but the problem remains.
Did somebody know this problem and how to solve it? Thank you in advance.
Mr. Paco
4 answers Last reply
More about problem domain users local administrators
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    but can you add some other domain group?

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "Dédé" <blablabla@blablabla.ch> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Since the installation of the SP2 of XP, it is impossible to add Domain
    > users (W2000advsrv) in the Administrators group, I have the following
    > message when I click on Advanced... in the User selection box:
    > "the advanced page cannot be open because the following error: The server
    > is not ready."
    > I shutted down the integrated Xp firewall but the problem remains.
    > Did somebody know this problem and how to solve it? Thank you in advance.
    > Mr. Paco

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Dédé,

    1. Can you create local users as Administrators?
    2. Can you enumerate domain users at all or just not add them?
    3. Is your DNS resolution correct -- pointing at your server, try pinging
    your FQDN.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Dédé" <blablabla@blablabla.ch> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Since the installation of the SP2 of XP, it is impossible to add Domain
    > users (W2000advsrv) in the Administrators group, I have the following
    > message when I click on Advanced... in the User selection box:
    > "the advanced page cannot be open because the following error: The
    server
    > is not ready."
    > I shutted down the integrated Xp firewall but the problem remains.
    > Did somebody know this problem and how to solve it? Thank you in advance.
    > Mr. Paco

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hello,

    I don't, only local user can be added into the local group.

    The problem was solved, 2 IP addresses setted in the local Network Card on
    the DC.

    Thanks for your answer and best regards, Mr Paco

    "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix.nospam@msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    %23lBFR38zEHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > but can you add some other domain group?
    >

    > --
    > Andrei Ungureanu
    > www.eventid.net
    > Free Windows event logs reports
    > http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >
    > "Dédé" <blablabla@blablabla.ch> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> Since the installation of the SP2 of XP, it is impossible to add Domain
    >> users (W2000advsrv) in the Administrators group, I have the following
    >> message when I click on Advanced... in the User selection box:
    >> "the advanced page cannot be open because the following error: The
    >> server is not ready."
    >> I shutted down the integrated Xp firewall but the problem remains.
    >> Did somebody know this problem and how to solve it? Thank you in
    >> advance.
    >> Mr. Paco

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi Ryan,

    Yes, I can add local user in a local Admin group.

    I cannot enumerate domain users

    DNS seems OK.

    This problem was resolved, I removed a second IP addres from the Local
    Network controler card in the DC.

    "Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    ut2tmnK0EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Dédé,
    >
    > 1. Can you create local users as Administrators?
    > 2. Can you enumerate domain users at all or just not add them?
    > 3. Is your DNS resolution correct -- pointing at your server, try pinging
    > your FQDN.
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Hanisco
    > MCSE, MCDBA
    > Flagship Integration Services
    >

    > "Dédé" <blablabla@blablabla.ch> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> Since the installation of the SP2 of XP, it is impossible to add Domain
    >> users (W2000advsrv) in the Administrators group, I have the following
    >> message when I click on Advanced... in the User selection box:
    >> "the advanced page cannot be open because the following error: The
    > server
    >> is not ready."
    >> I shutted down the integrated Xp firewall but the problem remains.
    >> Did somebody know this problem and how to solve it? Thank you in
    >> advance.
    >> Mr. Paco

Configuration Domain Active Directory Servers Microsoft Windows XP