Solved

5850 toxic vs 5870

HIS 5870 for 379 or Sapphire 5850 toxic for 349? What do you say guys?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5850 toxic 5870
  1. 5870

wish I could get one that cheap in the UK !

Cheapest I have found anywhere in the UK is for $411 and none in stock...
    and the next cheapest is $439 But... "Usually ships withing 1 - 3 months" WTF LMAO
    both from amazon.co.uk
  2. Best answer
    Yeah, out of those definitely the HD5870. But why would spend $350 on an HD5850 though when you can get one for $50 less?
    A $300 HD5850 and OCing would be my advice.
  3. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3746

That should give you a clear picture.

Cheers!

EDIT: Take a very good look at the OC part. Interesting results.
  4. i can't tell you how the countless times i've read that article ^^. The toxic runs impressively cool. I sure wonder what the best oc u can gett out of the card. Regardless the 5870 for 379 has won over.
  5. Best answer selected by hollowtek.
  6. The OC in that article isn't that great for an HD5850. The cooler is nice but definitely not $50 worth of nice imo.
  7. I have ask my self the same question, and I think if your not into OCing then the Toxic is great you just stick it in. But if your into OCing then from what I have gathered you can only up it like 10ghz. Its not like an asus or something where they have a tool for doing it. Yeah running cool is cool, but I would get the 5870 even the cheapest one, and OC your self and do your own cooling, which is what I am into I like being able to adjust myself and setup myself even with the cooling.
    Your not going to be saving that much money even in a CFX2,3,4. You could get 2 5870's that would romp just as good as 3x 5850.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics