Not detecting my external disk but hearing sound. Urgent for recovery

beckhamj

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Hello,

I have some trouble. I put my laptop hard drive Seagate ST950042 0AS 500 gb (it stopped working) into external enclouser and plug into my other laptop throughr USB. I see disk under Devices and Printers as USB to S-ATA now but everything is empty. I can hear disk working but not light is on indicator of external enclouser.

I installed Hard Disk Sentinel and the disk is shown but no action on the disk.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem as I have on this disk from another laptop quite important data and would like to recover it?

Thanks

Was it the hard disk or the laptop that stopped working? If the data is important, then you could send the hard disk to a data recovery service. You can also try various recovery tools, but if they don't work, then they could make the hard disk even more difficult to recover. Don't you have a backup of your important data?

beckhamj

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Yes it stopped working in old laptop. I send it also torecovery service and they said it would cost around 2000 euros so I am looking for other solutions.

And I don't have backup :(

beckhamj

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
I connected directly to computer and I can see the disk under device manager but I can't see it as a letter D: or something else.

I also try one program to run that is searching for lost partition but it was running so slow that I could wait probably ten days that it would scan all 500 GB.

beckhamj

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
under Disk management I can't see it, just under device manager/disk drives. And the disk spinning around.

What should I do to see it also ander disk management or under my computer

TRENDING THREADS