(1) Can't set BIOS settings (TIME/DATE) or antything (2) Can't install windows

hasoon004

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
So here are my problems : It all started when my PC couldn't boot from my hard disk , for some reason. So I tried to boot from an external CD/DVD Drive and re-install windows , but I couldn't because the BIOS was protected by a PASSWORD .So what I did was remove the CMOS battery, wait for 40 minutes , and put it back again . The first problem was that I got the CMOS time error , so I went to the BIOS menu and tried to change the time and date , but I couldn't. Everything was in Grey Color (Can't be selected) but 2 options , which where "System Language" and "Additional System Information". So I skipped the issue and went on to install windows XP , but I couldn't because I got stuck on the "Setup in starting Windows" section !!

What I did was delete both partition (C-D) then re-create them , so my old system is deleted now , when I retried to install Windows, I got a message sating Windows can't configure the type of input I have or something similar !
TL;DR : (1) Can't set TIME/DATE from BIOS page after I changed my CMOS battery. (2) Can't install windows XP , because my computer is stuck at the "Setup is starting Windows" page.

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
go into safe mode double ciick on the time & set time zone for ur area the time will change to mach, it's a registry error that keeking from work while in safe mode with networking get a reg., defrager CCleaner is ok ;)