(1) Can't set BIOS settings (TIME/DATE) or antything (2) Can't install windows

So here are my problems : It all started when my PC couldn't boot from my hard disk , for some reason. So I tried to boot from an external CD/DVD Drive and re-install windows , but I couldn't because the BIOS was protected by a PASSWORD .So what I did was remove the CMOS battery, wait for 40 minutes , and put it back again . The first problem was that I got the CMOS time error , so I went to the BIOS menu and tried to change the time and date , but I couldn't. Everything was in Grey Color (Can't be selected) but 2 options , which where "System Language" and "Additional System Information". So I skipped the issue and went on to install windows XP , but I couldn't because I got stuck on the "Setup in starting Windows" section !!

What I did was delete both partition (C-D) then re-create them , so my old system is deleted now , when I retried to install Windows, I got a message sating Windows can't configure the type of input I have or something similar !
TL;DR : (1) Can't set TIME/DATE from BIOS page after I changed my CMOS battery. (2) Can't install windows XP , because my computer is stuck at the "Setup is starting Windows" page.
2 answers Last reply
More about bios settings time date antything install windows
  1. Clearly you need to unlock the bios, where did you get the PC that you did not have the password ?
  2. hasoon004 said:
    So here are my problems : It all started when my PC couldn't boot from my hard disk , for some reason. So I tried to boot from an external CD/DVD Drive and re-install windows , but I couldn't because the BIOS was protected by a PASSWORD .So what I did was remove the CMOS battery, wait for 40 minutes , and put it back again . The first problem was that I got the CMOS time error , so I went to the BIOS menu and tried to change the time and date , but I couldn't. Everything was in Grey Color (Can't be selected) but 2 options , which where "System Language" and "Additional System Information". So I skipped the issue and went on to install windows XP , but I couldn't because I got stuck on the "Setup in starting Windows" section !!

What I did was delete both partition (C-D) then re-create them , so my old system is deleted now , when I retried to install Windows, I got a message sating Windows can't configure the type of input I have or something similar !
    TL;DR : (1) Can't set TIME/DATE from BIOS page after I changed my CMOS battery. (2) Can't install windows XP , because my computer is stuck at the "Setup is starting Windows" page.
    go into safe mode double ciick on the time & set time zone for ur area the time will change to mach, it's a registry error that keeking from work while in safe mode with networking get a reg., defrager CCleaner is ok ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration BIOS Windows XP