NO monitor display!!!

overclocked10

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I'm using a borrowed computer and was removing unwanted things from msconfig/startup when I unchecked the ATI catalyst graphics panel or some other graphic display related item. In addition I changed the display settings by choosing another monitor listed in the drop down menu (although there is only one monitor attached). And when I checked the option "make this my main display" the pc froze and I shut it down by pressing the power button on the tower.

Now whenever I try starting up the pc I hear it loading but there is absolutely no display and the monitor is getting no signal from the pc. It does not have a gateway screen on startup and the F8 key does not bring up the windows boot menu (I noticed this prior to this display problem). Now I am not be able see anythign at all. I tried hooking up my laptop to check if I could get the display to work but it did not work. There is NOTHING wrong with the monitor--it's getting power, but the graphic drivers or something are not loading upon boot. I would like to just get those items to startup again but cannot get into windows.

PC SPECS:
GATEWAY GT5453E Desktop
monitor: Viewsonic VX2245wm
chipset/video: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE
processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core
Memory 1024 MB DDR2, 533 MHz dual channel

overclocked10

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Yes, I tried checking if the monitor is the problem but it's not. The problem is the PC not sending a signal to the monitor--probabaly the driver is not enabled on startup. If I could use F8/windows boot menu to get to safe mode I would probably resolve the issue. However I can't even see anything displayed anymore.