800 Dollar Gaming Build

toostrike

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9470/38201091510pm.png

GIGABYTE or Asus :pt1cable: I hope I'm making the right choice.Ditto for the Heatsink.Any thoughts,comments,ect..

A little backround Info....

I will be using this computer for gaming and downloading.My current pc is just used for downloading,and has been running 24/7 since 2006.Not bad for store bought(HP Slimeline).It has a 1.6 gig single core cpu.I Added more ram ,and went through a couple burners during that time.

The pc I want to build will be used for the same purpose 24/7,but I will also be playing games while downloading.I wanted to get a quad core because I will be doing some encoding,plus the fact their workhorses.

Overclocking with this chip

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor -C3 stepping.

I will definitely put a mild overclock on this chip.I will kick it up to 3.4 or 3.5.I really cant see going any higher for gaming at this time.I bought an Antec 900 a couple of years ago,and it's been collecting dust.Time to get out the compressed air,and fill it with parts. I did research to make sure all my parts would fit for this build.I hope all my wires in the case will reach the motherboard OK.I guess it's hard to say until I actually build this rig.

If I'm downloading and gaming at the same time,which will be the case,more often than not, I wanted a after market cooler.This cpu is also 125 watts,so that means more heat.Correct?

I never built a pc or overclocked,but I am definitely going to give it a shot

TRENDING THREADS