Help on choosing my next flashdrie

mmkmmk3

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
I'm planning on buying a 32GB flashdrive. I want to transfer around 12 GB, at a time, max, relatively fast compared to size.
Right now I have got it narrowed down to two different flash drives (I'm going based on reviews, company details, size(Dimensions), & look(I know alot of you say who cares, it's a flash drive, well I want something to show off so please consider this), & Durability(what's the breaking point, don't be a smart ass). I don't care about an activity light
Now remember that this is a flashdrive & not RAM memory

The - Patriot Supersonic Boost XT, I like the rubber casing, it has a nice feel, & the the fact it's an attention grabber compared to everyone else's I've saw. Plus I love the Patriot brand when it comes to USB flashdrives. If I'm not mistaken Patriots' have an extraordinary read & write speed compared to most for the price. This one I think its a 70 mb/s Write & I'm not sure on the Read speed (it doesn't say on newegg, for either)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220654

or

The - Corsair Survivor, Here I like the Aluminum, it feels nice & smells nice(yea), It's gonna withstand quite some bit, but has a lot of competition compared to the XT's Rubber casing. Newegg says 80 MB/s Read & 40 MB/s Write(people are saying otherwise(both good & bad)) Ironically I like this one because it's actually larger, the length addition is nice, it's sure too grab the eyes of others & it's quite...Shiny!(Although the XT's is glossy). I know that, when it comes to Flash Drives & PSU'S(Don't bother about opinions on this), Corsairs have a bad tendency to burn out, but they have a nice return policy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233224

Now if you have any additional products to add on to this, please keep within the restrictions I have set, It has to be an eye grabber. Personally I would like a high performance one for $55 at the most (if that's possible) & 32+GB.
Patriot is my favorite brand, but I like PNY, Team, & I'm "iffy at best" when it comes to Corsair, but I have to admit... they do make an eye grabber.

mmkmmk3

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

Thanks (Trying to respond as much as possible)
I saw your thread on "Flashdrives 101" & It's good to hear your opinion.
Which three do you own?

mmkmmk3

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

Sorry, I thought I put this in on my last revision of the topic but I'm only looking to get usb 3.0 since I plan on using a motherboard with usb 3.0.

mmkmmk3

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

I saw that one, it's quite popular & Perhaps a little too popular for me. Also it's a little generic & it looks like it has velvet on it.

game junky

Distinguished
I use a 16GB Corsair Voyager (most of the laptops I connect to don't have 3.0 ports), but here's a link to the big brother, read speeds are bench'd at 135MB/s:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233200

Patriot seems to get pretty good ratings and it's incredibly fast. Design is pretty simple which I actually prefer.

If you really wanted to move data fast, you could put a SSD in an external drive enclosure w/ an esata port. That would smoke...

mmkmmk3

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

The guy above you said the voyager aswell, but go on & read it. That does sound like a good idea but two problems, my $55 dollar budget & the fact that I'm using community college computers, they don't have external esata ports.