Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Would an H80i outperform my current HS?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 7, 2013 5:12:36 AM

So I've currently got a Thermalright Silver arrow with a single Xigmatek 1255 in the middle as my CPU cooling.

Would a Corsair H80i outperform it? Or are there better ways to cool my CPU?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2013 8:13:46 PM

You already have one of the best air coolers. Is there a reason you're looking to switch? Why do you only have one fan on it now?
Score
January 7, 2013 8:52:02 PM

My RAM dimms are vengeance, so there isnt enough clearance for a front fan. Also noise is an issue, but i might set all my fans to low and see what my temps are.
Score
Related resources
January 8, 2013 12:06:07 AM

dragonsamus said:
You already have one of the best air coolers. Is there a reason you're looking to switch? Why do you only have one fan on it now?

Actually I just bought an Aerocool Shark 140mm to replace the Xigmatek, I'll probably move the Xigmatek to the third slot on the HS. So it'll go

[Case Exhaust Xigmatek] <-- [Xigmatek]<--[Heatsink]<-[Aerocool]<--[Heatsink]<--[Intake]
Score
January 11, 2013 11:24:53 AM

Mixing fans isn't a good idea unless you are sure that they are running at the same cfm and fan speed. Otherwise you can stress one or more fans by creating a pressure differential.
Score
January 11, 2013 10:34:18 PM

Groveling_Wyrm said:
Mixing fans isn't a good idea unless you are sure that they are running at the same cfm and fan speed. Otherwise you can stress one or more fans by creating a pressure differential.

Cool ill just move the xigmatek then.
Score

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
January 12, 2013 7:59:33 AM

Q: H80i>Silver Arrow?
A: nope its the other way round.

you could get a Kaze Jyuni for the front but you're much better now than shelling out on an Hxx series cooler.
January 12, 2013 11:22:24 AM

Thanks man,

I just checked my temps
@ idle with low fans. 33 degrees.
In Guild wars 2 with low settings, 40 degrees.
GW2 at full settings, 47 degrees.

Going to get a 3-4 pin adapted for this Xigmatek and put it on the side of my case. I might get another Aerocool Shark 140mm (Green) for my heatsink down the track.
Score
January 12, 2013 11:22:36 AM

Best answer selected by opalreactor.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2013 5:33:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!