Need help with X6 1090T to OC past 4.3ghz

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hi, I'm not so experienced with overclocking, so far I've managed to push my 1090T to 4.2 Ghz stable, however, when I push it to 4.3ghz, its boots up OK, but the computer would BSOD under extreme load (3D Rendering/floating point calculations etc). Now my question is, are there anything else I need to be taking into consideration except cpu voltage? (temps aside). currently i have CPU bus @ 232mhz and multiplier at 18.5x, while HT and NB are at 2328mhz, i've offset +0.19 on the vcore and VDDA voltage is at 2.8V, with both CPU/NB and NB at 1.35v. any help on this is appreciated, thanks.

core.jpg

here is my setup
AMD X6 1090T
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Corsair Professional HX850
8GB G.Skill Trident DDR3-2000
Prolimatech Meghalems Rev B. /w 2x Yate Loon @88CFM
ATI FireGL V7700
Silverstone Raven RV02B

Solution

xaira

Distinguished
lower the ht and nb speeds back within limits, maybe even put them below 1800 etc, its been shown that decreasing these can lead to higher overclocks, but dude, 4.2 is still a massive OC, IF YOU WANT to go higher, why not just get an evaporator, and r u sure memory is running within defined speeds, memory instability can be a big issue to overclocks

Have you tried instead of raising the base clock so much use the multiplier to overclock since it is a black edtion it has an unlocked multi for that reason.

I would try something like base clock 218 x 20 or something like that might get you to get a higher overclock but I dont think you will be able to go much higher then 4.4 4.5 on air.

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
here is the thing with memory, its rated at ddr3-2000mhz, however, my mobo only support 1600mhz without OC (200mhz default Bus). so if i load the OC profile on the memory, my CPU Bus becomes 250, the machine doesnt even get past POST with this setting. so i lowered the bus until its stable (around 232), while the memory now clocked at ~1860mhz.

Now the question is: should I just leave the bus/memory alone at 200/1600? and then just OC the cpu with multiplier alone?

as for the HT/NB, I've read an article here saying that higher NB frequency = more stablility in extreme OC, read here if you guys are interested, not sure if this is right tho.

http://www.overclockers.com/the-importance-of-northbridge-overclocking-with-the-phenom-ii/

I dont have to much experienced with CPUs with unlocked multis but I always seen people get better results with a lower base clock and a higher multiplier but this is not something that is set in stone because some like to overclock more with the base clock its really whatever works best for your system. You have to do some experiments and see what happens and BTW I hope you are overclocking in the bios and not with some software because that is not a good way to overclock.

Solution

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
I've just tried what xaira suggested, and increased vcore to offset of +0.2V, miraculously, it works, now i'm running 250x17=4.25 Ghz stable. at 17.5x I would hit an unstable clock of 4.375 however. and yes I'm overclocking inside BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS