I have the first SilverStone AP fan(AP121) the new ones pushes a bit more air, but a lower pressure. At the time 1 NF-P12 was better then 1 AP121 on my heatsink.

The new AP122 looks like SilverStone's stock(FT03 fans) 120mm fans(made by Globe IIRC) with the AP grille added to it. They are not bad fan, I have 3 of those an they seem to work OK with decent noise levels. Again, some of Noctua's fans are better, but at a price.

The Cougar(but I have not used them, keep an eye out, they come on sale) is rated at more CFM and higher pressure. Both good things for a RAD.

For Noctua.

NF-P12(The P is for pressure :) ) had always been my goto fan, but they have some new ones out like the NF F12. Both come in a 4 pin PWM version(IE NF-P12-PWM).

Do not use the NF-S12 on a rad as it has very little pressure. It is a low noise/pressure slightly higher CFM fan.

Of your 2 options, I am willing to bet the Cougar will be better

Ohh and the H60 is not that thick, almost any 2 fans should be able to tackle it :)

You do not always have to run off power savings. Depending on your overclock/board you can keep it on in many cases.

That would explain your higher Idle temps.

As it sits, I do not think you actually need a new fan(s) as your idles are just high from a lack of power savings. While you can get a temperature reduction, If do not think your temps are high enough to worry.

What is your clock speed anyway?