Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon 4870 issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 24, 2010 10:03:43 PM

I just recently purchased a new ati radeon 4870 video card. I bought a new 500w power supply to run it.I downloaded the latest driver for it. When I try to run my pc games, it crashes and gives me a blue screen, reboots, and gives an error message that doesn't tell me anything I need to know. I have since tried 3 different other drivers and nothing made a difference. It is not overheating and I am Strongly sure that it is not a compatability issue, as I have a powerful PC. I have tried everytihng I could find and have nowhere else to turn.All cables are connected properly. Also the card was used when i got it, but in perfect condition when i got it so I doubt that is te issue. If anyone has anything that might work I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Here is what I am running on:

Dell XPS 420
ATI Radeon 4870 video card
Earthwatt 500w power supply
22inch flat screen HD monitor

More about : ati radeon 4870 issues

a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 1:09:06 AM

Can you try your old card again? If it works, there might be something wrong with the 4870. You can try it on another computer if possible.
m
l
February 25, 2010 10:49:05 PM

It works fine on everything except games. When I start them, it will run for a minute or so then crash. It's not the card, but i have not clue what it IS.
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 2:46:23 AM

the only way to make it sure is try your card on another computer...
m
l
February 26, 2010 12:16:30 PM

Does the problems always appear at the same spot when loading or playing a game?

if so, it's probably a software issue. If it occurs somewhat randomly, then it's probably a hardware issue.
m
l
February 27, 2010 12:09:43 AM

No its not overheating. And yes it does occur randomly, although always very soon after starting the game. If such is the case, how would I deal with this hardware issue?
m
l
February 27, 2010 12:28:28 AM

And I can't try it on another computer because mine is the only one in the house with a 500watt power supply. It wouls be way too much trouble to move both items to another console, so I prefer to exhaust all other options first.
m
l
!