Thief 3 and the 5700

Tim

Is anyone here playing Thief 3 with an NVidia 5700 series card? If so, how
well does it perform? Thanks in advance.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone here playing Thief 3 with an NVidia 5700 series card? If so,
how
> well does it perform? Thanks in advance.

If it's a 5700 Ultra it should run acceptably.

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> writes:

> LOL Thanks for the honesty. From what I hear T3 needs a beast of a card,
> so I imagine faster RAM would only make a marginal difference. What's your
> CPU?

It runs just great on my Ti4200 with 64Mb. Apparently the 5200 is an
entry level card, and despite the higher number it is very slow in
comparison to the 5200.

--
Darin Johnson
My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance -- Babylon 5

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:01:03 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Is anyone here playing Thief 3 with an NVidia 5700 series card? If so, how
>well does it perform? Thanks in advance.

Have the 5700 Ultra on a 2.53 P4, WinXP with 1G ram. Decently handles
T3 (and T2) but a real let down that I can't get it to run TGold.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:04:16 GMT, gums <noreply@all.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:01:03 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Is anyone here playing Thief 3 with an NVidia 5700 series card? If so, how
>>well does it perform? Thanks in advance.
>>

>Have the 5700 Ultra on a 2.53 P4, WinXP with 1G ram. Decently handles
>T3 (and T2) but a real let down that I can't get it to run TGold.

Even after using safe textures?
Uncomment the use_safe_texture_manager line in the user.cfg(?) file and it
should work even with newer nVidia drivers.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:43:30 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:04:16 GMT, gums <noreply@all.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:01:03 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Is anyone here playing Thief 3 with an NVidia 5700 series card? If so, how
>>>well does it perform? Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>Have the 5700 Ultra on a 2.53 P4, WinXP with 1G ram. Decently handles
>>T3 (and T2) but a real let down that I can't get it to run TGold.
>
>Even after using safe textures?
>Uncomment the use_safe_texture_manager line in the user.cfg(?) file and it
>should work even with newer nVidia drivers.

Yeah..matter of fact, my user.cfg file didn't even have that line in
there. I put it in with and without the semi-colon but still couldn't
get TG to work. I should clarify that I can get TG to work, but only
with hardware turned off....yuck....8bit graphics. So basically, I
couldn't get TG to run with the 5700.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:55:46 GMT, gums <noreply@all.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:43:30 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:04:16 GMT, gums <noreply@all.com> wrote:

>>>Have the 5700 Ultra on a 2.53 P4, WinXP with 1G ram. Decently handles
>>>T3 (and T2) but a real let down that I can't get it to run TGold.
>>
>>Even after using safe textures?
>>Uncomment the use_safe_texture_manager line in the user.cfg(?) file and it
>>should work even with newer nVidia drivers.
>
>Yeah..matter of fact, my user.cfg file didn't even have that line in
>there. I put it in with and without the semi-colon but still couldn't
>get TG to work. I should clarify that I can get TG to work, but only
>with hardware turned off....yuck....8bit graphics. So basically, I
>couldn't get TG to run with the 5700.

Whoa, spoke too soon. Read your thread going with Jazz and the
TG patch fixed it for me. Yesssssss.

TRENDING THREADS